"If you accept me, I m lucky"

Susou dressed up well, as he wanted to impress Sana, not merely her parents, for his words would take over that task. Susou, his brother, Anni, his mom and dad reached Sana's house by that evening.

Though they din't receive a warm welcome, they weren't ill-treated neither insulted.They were made to sit in the hallway and Sana's mom served them snacks and tea. Sana had not returned home then. She was at the hospital and was expected to return within an hour or two.

"I think Sana also will make good tea for you", Rathi whispered into Susou's ears as she complimented Sana's mom for the best tea ever. Susou's mom started defining all his good deeds-- his degree, work, character, behaviour, salary, his respect for women and parents.

Sana's parents seemed to be impressed not just because his mom said, they knew it when Susou approached them first for their consent. Also he din't want to hurt Sana.

Susou explained to Sana's dad in private, all his love for Sana and what all happened during the past 3 years. He pleaded for their consent. He assured that he would take care of Sana in the best possible way.

"Even if I agree, I m not sure Sana will agree. Because you are her friend till now, and how will she accept a friend as life partner?" her dad said.

"So..you agree. Isn't it uncle?" he asked as if not to get disappointed.

"Yeah! But..." he couldn't complete.

"That's enough, uncle. If you agree Sana will accept me....Sure".

"Oh!! Don't get too excited, man. Let's all leave it to her. But I'll try to convince her.....for you", dad said with a smile.
"Thank you so much, uncle. I respect you nothing less than my own parents. You deserve it" said Susou.

Then they all gathered in the sofa and started discussing. Meanwhile Susou was nervous about how would Sana react on hearing all these.

Sana's car beeped a horn as she turned around the street to reach her house. When she parked her car, she found an unfamiliar car in front of her house. She wasn't bothered about whose it was.

She entered the house humming a tune, unaware of what was going on inside. She was surprised to see Susou-- that too with his family in her house.

"Hey Susou... What a pleasant surprise?? How are you here?? You could have told me. Why din't you??" she enquired.

He had no idea of what he should say. Her mom interrupted and whispered into her ears, "They have come to ask for you to marry Susou. Freshen up yourself and serve them coffee".

Sana was startled. She stood speechless. Tears welled in her eyes. "How could I marry him?? For he had been my friend so far. What kind of a person is he??" she thought to herself.

Her mom said, "Hurry up dear. It's just a formality. We'll decide everything later. No problem".

Unwillingly, she freshened just to hide her tears. Her mom compelled her to serve coffee, she hesitated. Susou's mom understood her situation and asked his Anni to serve instead.

Sana's dad arranged for them to talk for sometime in privacy. Sana remained hesitant, but later she went on to speak so as not to disappoint her parents.

They went to the balcony. Sana stood facing the outside and refused to face Susou. Neither did she speak a word.

Susou started, "I know I have hurt you. But there's no other way for me. I should have told you about this earlier, but I feared if it would break our friendship.

I don't compel you. If you accept me, I m lucky. If you don't, I'll spend the rest of my life with the memories you gave me till now. Whatever is your decision, I m glad to accept. Take your own time. I m waiting". He was very decent.

Sana was so sad that she din't utter even a word, neither did she face him. She remained silent throughout his apologies. Susou's family left and his mom said, "Do not hurry. Hoping for a good decision from you".

To Sana, the house appeared blue. She dared not to speak a word to her parents. They tried convincing her saying, "Susou is a good boy. He is so decent to get our consent first to marry you. It's hard to find boys of his kind in these days. I advise you not to miss him. But I don't compel, because... Your life...Your rights...Think wisely and act accordingly. That all we wanted to say".

Still she kept mum. She refused to have dinner neither she slept that night. She kept weeping throughout. She felt as if she had been betrayed.

Though he was her crush once, she din't have the idea of marrying him once they became friends. They were just FRIENDS....FRIENDS ALONE..

The next morning at the hospital, all her colleagues and co- staffs noticed her and asked, "Why are your eyes red as fire?? Hey...had you cried? Why are you so dull?? I have never seen you like this before".

She din't answer any of their questions. Susou rang her phone many a time, she din't attend. Not as she was sad, but she was in a meeting.

Susou texted her, "I m waiting for you at the bus stop opposite the hospital. When you leave for home this evening, Just tell me whatever your decision is...whether it's YES or NO...... Love..Susou".

She threw the phone aside.( She din't break it although).

It was the time for her to leave. She drove her car out of the gate and saw Susou waiting as he said. She turned to the other side and left.

Susou was disappointed. He hit hard on his bike's seat. He made up his mind to leave the place. Suddenly he heard a horn beeping continuously. Irritated, he turned to the side from where the sound came. "Who the hell is that trying to disturb me?"