"You're kind of selfish, Susou"

The prayers grew harder, as the doctors said that the labour may take an hour more. There appeared to be some complications.

Though Sana din't have any complications during her pregnancy, she developed some as she kept worrying. Also she was weak, and couldn't tolerate the pain.

Susou was so worried about her. And he went inside the rest room, took out his mobile and opened the folder containing the picture of his favourite God. Though he din't have much belief in those stuff, Almighty was his only hope then.

He cried to the Lord,

"Oh God!!!! Why do you always put us into such troublesome situations ??

The child is for both of us..... Then why do you give all the pain to Sana.....Sana alone......????

We've been together through all tough times. Then why don't I deserve to share her pain ??

Though she is ready to bear the pain.....happily.....for the sake of us....our child....it's not fair to make her cry.

I feel guilty.....for letting her suffer alone. She's like a Goddess.....a Goddess to me.....and I dare not to see my Goddess scream with pain.

I feel proud of my Mom this moment....but its not the right time to praise her...

Please..... I beg you....the Almighty....for Sana's delivery without any threat to her.......and also my....no.....our child Nivi."

Then he wiped off his tears and turned around. His Mom stood outside the restroom ......and was hearing what all he cried to the God.

She spoke softly, "Women are worshipped as Goddess in our country..... You know why ??  Because they are ones who can handle any situation.....fear....pain....grief....loneliness....dominance....poverty....rage.... with a SMILE...

They are not only destined to serve their homes......but also the society.....as your wife is.

They fill their surroundings with happiness......glory......contentment and all sort of richness and wealth. May be that's why the traditions are designed like...........................After the marriage, a woman leaves her own family and enters into a strange family to cherish them with her love...and care....and ..Of course ....share her luck with the new family.

Don't leave her alone during these situations. You're kind of selfish, Susou.....for not accompanying her during labor.....You consider only yourself being worried to see her suffer.

But, Did you think of her, Susou ??? She'd feel better if you're by her side....especially now.

Its impossible to share her pain. But you can support  and make her feel safe....

Just get into the labor ward, Susou. That's what I can say".

Susou gained hope. He fell in his Mom's feet and begged to forgive him for his selfish and foolish act.

She patted over his shoulders and said, "Go inside.....and get the first touch of your baby".

He went inside....with a sense of fear. Sana was lying unconscious on the bed, and doctors were trying hard to make the delivery successful.

Her pulse rate went lower and lower with each time she screamed with pain. She was dying. All these scenes were gut-wrenching for Susou.

He went near the bedside and held Sana's hand. He knew that she would hear him, though she couldn't respond.

He massaged her palm gently and started, "Sana.... You're really great... For your unconditional love and indomitable patience. You deserve to be a Goddess....in all aspects.

Though it's our child, you bear all the pain....for more than nine months.....and now.....without any share of mine.I'll never ever give you any sort of pain in life....physically or mentally....I promise.

I'll always be there for you.....my love", he ended with tears.

She couldn't speak anything in return, for she was unconscious. Still , as a reply to his words, tears streamed down the corner of her eyes.

Susou felt contented that she had  heard whatever he said.

The situation turned lucky for the duo. The advancements in medical science proved its success once again.

With modern equipments and procedures, Sana's baby was delivered safely......and Sana was also safe.

Nivi was born, as expected and the doctors gave her in Susou's hand. He felt excited, to the extreme range as he experienced the first touch of the innocent, new and pristine soul.

 He felt excited, to the extreme range as he experienced the first touch of the innocent, new and pristine soul

This touch left him poisoned.....with love.....care....and a responsibility....as he'll be called Dad thereafter.

He came out of the ward, handed over the child to the family, who were waiting outside with hope and curiosity. No sooner, he rushed back into the ward.....for his Sana.

She was not fully conscious, but gave a smile.....a smile of relief.....and Susou was left with tears......tears of love.

From then, his love for Sana was accompanied by a strange respect, and he was aware not to hurt her in any way.

The family cuddled Nivi and she was considered lucky for the family. Sana's parents were satisfied to the core, and they considered Nivi as their second Sana.

Adhi kissed his little sister's little cheeks.....and he was very happy that he suggested to have a party at their home.

They all agreed. Sana was recovering.  And Susou stayed by her all day. She was happy, as she now had a family of her own--- a Kingly husband, a Queenly herself, and their little Princess.

They left to the hospital from home as two souls......now returned as three.