Chapter 14: Gallery

Começar do início

Tell me it's the RFA.

"It's called the Rika Funding Association or RFA." He didn't look at you as he spoke.

I Fucking Called It!

"Rika's? Who's Rika?" You dared to ask. Up to now, you've never talked about her and you needed things to progress.

"She was....My fiance." His hands held each other.

"Was?" You scooted a bit closer to hear him better because his voice was getting quieter with each word.

"Yes, she was murder a few weeks before the wedding." He clutched his hands tighter and his hair shadowed his eyes.

Murdered? Seven never mentioned that...

"Oh, I'm so....Sorry for your loss." You placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Did they...Capture the person who did it?"

"No. He's still out there." You sat there a bit awkwardly trying to find the words, or anything to say for that matter.

"A-Anyway." V cleared his throat. "I can't hold the charity event because Rika was in charge of organizing and mailing the guests. But I wanted to know if... You could take her place."

"I-I...."

"You don't have to decide now. I'll tell you the details about the job later. You will be paid and the working hours are very flexible." He turned to look at you.

His eyes were filled with kindness and generosity. In your head, you just couldn't say no.

"Okay. I'll give you my final answer later." You stretched out your hand to him to shake it but he surprised you by giving you a tight hug.

"Thank you." He whispered sending chills down your spine. Once you two parted, you noticed how close you two were.

And then you started to panic once he started leaning forward.

N-Nonononononono!

*RIIIIIIIIIINNNNNG*

THANK BABY LORD JESUS

"S-Sorry V, I have to take this!" You quickly scooted away and took the call.

"Hello?" You answered.

"Y/n?"

"Nathan?" You stood up and walked little ways away so V couldn't hear the conversation.

"What the. Damn it this is the wrong number!" He cursed under his breath.

"And who were you trying to call in the first place?"

"Pizza Hut...."

"Pizza Hut?! How do you even get that mixed up?!"

"Hehe.....You were in the most recent calls I've made." You slapped your forehead.

"Did you just slap your forehead?"

"How often do you call Pizza Hut?!"

"A guys' gotta to eat doesn't he?" He said jokingly.

"Geez, remind me to give you a proper meal for once in your life." You sighed.

He has his own apartment but lives like a child.

"And I'll be looking forward to that day ma'lady." You giggled a bit at his ridiculous yet charming act.

"Y/n! We have 25 minutes until they close." Said V while walking towards you.

"Who's that?" Nathan asked with a hint of jealousy in his voice which you couldn't notice since you're a little slow on picking up on.

"Huh? He's just a friend.--Okay! I'm coming!--talk to you later Nathan. Bye~"

"Yeah...Bye." was the last thing he said before you hung up.

He sounded kinda sad. I should ask him later what's up.

"Shall we?" V once again outstretched his arm for you to loop around.

"We shall."

------------------------------------

Surprise! 🎉

Yes I updated today when I'm supposed to do it next week and that's because...

Drum roll please!

I have decided that I'm going to finish this book by December!!!

Which means I'll be updating once a week (sometimes twice if your lucky 😉)

So look forward to another update next Saturday!

Thank you all for your support!

~Scarlett-Red~