Ch.2 Feelings

Sadie's P.O.V

I drove back to my apartment and unlocked the door to my place, setting my things down on the counter. I felt pretty exhausted by my outing at the gym and I was not thrilled to attempt to finish my notes for my psych class the next morning. I trudged over to my bedroom and fished out some pjs before going to the bathroom to take a shower.

After doing my nightly essentials, I made a cup of coffee and readied myself for the long night ahead of me. My two roommates didn't have any classes in the morning so they were still out doing who knows what and I was happy for that because there wasn't any distractions, or so I thought as I eyed my phone.

Only for a minute I thought as I snatched my phone off my desk and unlocked it. The first thing that popped up was my contacts and Colby's name with a Koala emoji next to it 🐨.

My lips formed into a smile unknowingly and my mind went back to my last months of high school and the memories I still cherished up until the time Sam, Colby and Jendell had to leave Kansas to start their next chapter in their lives.

For me that didn't really happen until two years after, but I don't regret my decision. It just gave me time to think.

After finishing two cups of coffee over the 3 hour period, I was able to finish my notes and lay snuggled up in my bed, falling asleep the minute my eyes closed.
-
"Sadie spill it! I know you're keeping something from us."

"It's nothing."

"You of all people know you're bad at lying so just tell us."

"Yeah c'mon Sadie, if it's that serious we'll promise to keep it between us."

"It's not that serious."

"Exactly so just tell us!"

Both of my roommates, Shanti and Trace and a couple other friends were having breakfast in the dining hall. I still don't know why they would want to wake up this early to get breakfast when they don't have class until the afternoon. They do it anyways which I usually don't mind, but today wasn't the case.

Let me introduce them.

So there's one of my roommates named Shanti. She has a caramel skin tone with light brown eyes and kinky short curly hair. She's that kind of person that's never been in a relationship, flirts with people, but rejects them if she ever gets asked out, and is always snooping on other people's relationships.

Then there's my other roommate Trace. She's Canadian with dirty blonde hair and brown eyes. She's always telling us that Canada is way better than here, and is only here because she received a full academic scholarship. She's the more 'stable' one in our trio and is great to talk to for advice or comfort.

I might of been acting differently in the morning because they were very eager to leave the dorm for breakfast and now they were trying to get me to spill something. And I also might of gotten a text from Colby early this morning asking if I was able to come over to catch up and hang with the others, and I maybe agreed, not that it's of any importance. So we got breakfast and we're now sitting at a table, but they were giving me odd looks the whole time before they started bombarding me with questions.

"Are you going to tell us or not, cause you know we're still gonna keep bothering you until you spill," Shanti said, smiling briefly with tight lips.

"Uhh fine," I said rolling my eyes as Shanti gave me a smirk. I waved it off. "I sorta maybe saw Colby at the gym yesterday night–"

"Hold up! You saw Colby freaking Brock–"