Chapter 3: The game

You heard light footsteps clomping to you. You looked up from the hugging pile of furby's and saw Mama. The white tattletail was with her, looking like a officer.

"Order Quadrant 602." The white tattletail spoke. "No need for silly talk." Mama shushed him. "You're back!" You smiled at them. "Course we are." Mama nodded.

"Dude, you missed out on our name giving!" Adrian giggled. The white tattletail seemed shaken by this. "Human, I need a name." He ordered. "I'll name you Shatter...?" You asked carefully. "Perfect." He Immediately replied. Shatter ran off into the darkness. Mama yelled after him,"Don't forget the extra egg!"

The other Tattletails began to look angry. "What's the matter?" You asked them. "Shatter is always Mama's favorite tattletail." Calliope grimaced. "He! He! Is always getting her attention!" Adrian spoke too enthusically. Robert rolled his eyes at Adrian. "More like a servant you mean." Amanda yet pointed out.

Mama gave them a withering look. Then, she looked at you with a sweet smile on her face. "Do please ignore them all. They tend to get a little...fussy sometimes. Means that they need a little nap."

"I ain't tired!" Robert interjected. "Nor I." Added Calliope.

 "Shatter, will you please escort these two into custody?" Mama sighed.

"Sure thing, M'am." Shatter returned from the shadows, carrying an egg. Leaving the egg, he pushed Calliope and Robert onward.

"Be safe! You don't know what you are getting into!" Calliope and Robert screamed to you as they were escorted away into the lulling shadows.

Mama pushed the egg and rolled it between her feet. "Now, who else?" She asked menacingly to the tattletail. Amanda and Adrian flinched.

Mama was only being a mama, you decided. She was doing the best for her children. Although you wished you had more time with Robert and Calliope. "So..." Amanda asked you timidly."What do you humans do for fun?"

You tapped your chin. "Well, I play video games. And watch tv." You added. "Sounds fun.." Adrian seemed distracted, and usually calm. "Well?" You asked.

Looking at you once more, Mama took the egg with her and walked away again. It seemed like Mama didn't like spending time with you.

"Let's play a game!" Adrian snapped back into his usual self. "How about the one which everyone imagines something!" Amanda offered. "I forgot its name..." Adrian seemed deep into thought. You patiently waited for him to remember.

"Oh It doesn't matter!" Amanda cut in. "Lets just get straight into it!"

"How do you play?" You asked Amanda. "Simple. Just imagine stuff! Like that candle over there! Pretend its stick! And the floor is dirt!" Amanda explained.

You wavered your attention to a candle. "Cool!" Placing the candle in front of you, you looked at the tattletail, searching their faces for answers. "And oh!!" Adrian began. "Remember that egg Mama had? You need that egg to..to...um..unlock a special code thingy that the dirt has!"

You oddly looked at Adrian. Some imagination. But you decided to go get the egg. "Wait! Before you go, we'll come with you." Amanda quickly told you. You stood up, glad for company. You began walking in Mama's footsteps, with the tattletail following closely behind.

You scolded yourself for not lighting up the candle and bringing it with you. You cautiously crept across the dark hallway, with each footstep.

"Shhh." Amanda shushed even though you weren't talking. "Stay here." Amanda nodded to you and Adrian. She disappeared into somewhere. "Why is the egg so important?" You asked Adrian. "Mama was right about being too curious." Adrian mumbled.

You felt offended. "Well at least I-" "Shhh!" Adrian shushed you. You heard a noise. Straining to hear it, you squinted your eyes. Amanda was back, but she wasn't alone. Robert and Calliope were with her. They looked a little..different.

Amanda ran past you, with Robert, Calliope, and Adrian following. "What about th-" "Just run!" Robert now had a cracked, warble voice. You immediately obeyed, but instead of running you walked in fear of crushing the helpless tattletail.

When you were at the living room, you plopped down on the floor again. The tattletail were panting and taking deep breaths. "We made it." Calliope croaked.

__________________________

Hello Guys! Infinite back here with another chapter! I guess I'm not keeping my word ;-; I keep making the chapters shorter everytime...

Well excuse my terrible promises.

Vote, Comment, Follow!