Chapter 7: Mysterious Guy

Three weeks had passed since the twins' murder. Everyone at school got shocked when they knew about it and lots of them especially their friends were devastated about the grief news. It was spread all over the school the day after the incident. The group was the ones who were shocked the most, because hours before the murder happened, some of them were still talking to the twins. Anything could happen within 2 hours, they thought.

There was nobody that got scared of what happened more than Josephine. She was the one who got through something like that two years ago and now she had to face it again. And don't mention about the anonymous messages she had been receiving. But after all the messages, she still chose to not reply it and kept it a secret.

The murders had started to happen again, was it the right way to keep it a secret? Josephine thought. Her friends would be freaked out when they knew, and what if the murderer was one of her friends? The murderer would know what their plans were, and in the end, BOOM. Everyone's dead.

Luckily, after three weeks of the twins' death, the group had chilled out a little bit. But not exactly. They were still aware of it, well, everyone was.

As usual, the group began to get out of their classrooms the moment the recess bell rang. Josephine and Ellen were still in class, they were still taking biology notes which was too much and took them so long to copy.

Maurent, Sam, and Lauren were already outside of Josephine and Ellen's classroom, waiting for them to get out. Maurent looked through the classroom door and Ellen saw her. Ellen signalled them to go to the canteen first, her and Josephine would catch up soon. Josephine was still busy taking notes.

Minutes passed, and Ellen finished copying first. She sighed and got up. She walked to Josephine's seat and waited.

Josephine already felt Ellen grew impatient waiting for her because she picked her pen and began tapping it repeatedly on her table. She wrote faster than before, which made her handwriting became untidy.

"They're waiting for us," Ellen said impatiently.

"I know, I know." Josephine replied while writing.

Seconds later, she finished writing and picked up her wallet. Ellen quirked her eyebrow looking at Josephine's wallet. It was so child-like. Like a 7 year old's wallet.

"Do you ever gonna buy the new one?" Ellen said and let out a chuckle.

"Shut up, it was my gift from my teacher when I was like 10," Josephine replied with a straight tone, "now come on I have to eat."

They went upstairs to the canteen, it was crowded like usual. Their friends were sitting together and chatting. Josephine decided to buy some food first and eat with them.

After she bought food, she walked to her friends' seat and sat there with Ellen, too. They chatted while Josephine was eating her food.

"Wow, you have a bracelet now?!" Sam asked, referring to the bracelet Sesil wore. It was a pink rubber bracelet labelled with an 'M' with white font.

"Oh yeah, I bought one with my friends at Dufan yesterday," Sesil replied while taking off her bracelet to show to her friends, "we actually bought those bracelets based on our name initials.."

"And, why is it an 'M', not an 'S'?" Ellen asked before Sesil finished explaining.
"Oh, that's actually not mine," Sesil replied, "that's um, that belongs to my friend, Michelle. We pretty much swapped our bracelets."

"Oh, that makes sense." Isabel said. "Because from what I know, you hate pink."

"Yeah, it's true." Sesil replied and chuckled. "Mine is actually black, though."