Past & Future

"I always thought you looked like a monkey."

I quickly looked down to see Niall standing below where I sat on a branch in my tree. "How the hell did you figure out which tree it was?" I asked with a small laugh.

"I'm Niall damn Horan, I know everything!" He smirked.

"Ha ha, you wish that was true." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Why don't you come down from there?" He gave me a small smile and motioned for me to come down.

"Or you could come up here."

"I think we both know that would be a bad idea."

I laughed slightly before moving from my branch and climbing down the tree. I sat down at the bottom, Niall sitting down next to me, his arm wrapping around my shoulder and pulling me close.

"So this is where Owen fell?"

"Ya..."

Even though Niall and I have known each other for three months and been dating for two of them we have never really talked about Owen's actual death. They all knew the outline but they didn't know the detail. I was always to hesitant to bring it up and they never pushed me.

"Did you know right away the he was going to die?" Niall's voice was hesitant as he broke the silence.

"Not right away, at first I thought he just got the wind knocked out of him or gotten a concussion." My voice cracked the smallest bit warning me that I was going to cry whether I liked it or not. "I didn't start to cry until I saw him not moving, not one bit of movement. I have never pulled out my phone and called someone so fast as I did that day to call emergency aid."

Tears streamed down my cheeks and my voice was shaky. He pulled my closer to his side letting my head rest on his shoulder.

"When I walked into the hospital room to see all those cords and tubes attached to him I broke inside. My best friend was on verge of dying and there is nothing I could do it about it. The doctors knew he wasn't going to make it but I refused to hear it. It was a week and three days when I finally came to terms with the fact that he wouldn't wake up. My parents told the doctors to take him off life support and get him out of the pain. Two hours later the heart monitor came to a stop and I knew he was gone. I had lost the one person that meant most to me." I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to control my heavy breathing.

"It's okay, he's in better place now." Niall whispered reassuringly in my ear.

"But I'm not."

"What?"

"That's why I'm a bitch around everyone else. I don't want to become to attached to someone for them to just leave. If they don't like me then I won't have a problem but I find all this hatred I put towards others just making me unhappy." I look up at him to see his blue eyes staring into mine. "I have become attached to you and I'm scared to death that one day you will leave me too."

"I'm not going to leave you and you know that. I need you to trust me on that. Owen doesn't want you to be unhappy so stop it, stop being that girl that all three of us know you aren't. I know it's hard to do but do it for me and for Owen. Put that fake bitch behind you and show everyone the real you, because I know they will all love you the way I do."

His words were soft and careful but held so much power to them. I know everything he said was true and it's possible. I know I can put my bitchy ways behind me and be the person him and Owen want me to be. And I will do it just to make them happy.

"I love you, Niall."

{Author's Note}

Hey guys, I know this is short but I have been extremely busy lately! I will try to update again soon but I can't promise you that it will be within the next couple days.

So I had somebody ask me if I would ever do a story about being adopted by one direction or a member of 1D. The answer is yes, I would consider doing it if you guys would want to read it. If you would maybe want to read it please comment below and tell me your would read it and which member you want it to be about or he whole band.

Please comment, vote, and share!

Please vote so I can see how many people are reading and please share so we can get so more reads.

Thank you!