DfD 10

He didn’t think for a second the woman would return till her full time was over, then she need only to stay out of his sight for little over two hours and she could once again return to the mortal world. If that didn’t make him annoyed then the contented whimpering from Cerberus was enough to make a saint rip his ear drums out. From the time she left the hell hound turned into a sniveling little pup, crying at her door scratching it till his paws were raw. Thanatos wasn’t much better, he’d catch himself standing in her doorway more then on a few occasions.

Knocking three times on Hades office door he waited, till the distinct voice of his friend bellowed through the hard wood. Stepping in Hades looked all the more ready for him to explain what was going on, clicking the door closed Thanatos took a seat in front of his desk.
    “So….care to tell me why the half mortal Trinity has been traveling all over the world?” Hades fingers beat down on the desk, waiting Thanatos’s answer. Nodding.
    “I yelled at her”

    “I figured that much. What about?” Thanatos looked away, he wasn’t good with these conversations of feelings. Pushing out of the chair he looked at the many photos, hanging off random gems.
    “You’ve fallen for her” Hades exclaimed, his beating stopping. Thanatos shrugged, not bothering to make eye contact.
    “So what did she see your wings and freak out?” Rising he strode over to Thanatos.
    “No” Shaking his head, he still couldn’t believe she had seen them for real. Hades gave him a pointed look, before clearing his throat.

    “Than I am a patient man, but you are the one who called for my help.” Sighing Hades pinched his nose, knowing Thanatos wasn’t good at talking about things like this.
    “She’s seen me….for me” He stated, clearing his throat and taking a quick glance at Hades. The room filled with a cold silence, before Hades burst out laughing slapping Thanatos on the back. Rubbing his shoulder, Thanatos gave him a quick glare.

    “Well Shit! I knew that woman was different” Clicking his tongue, striding across to a large wooden cabinet. Two crystal glasses are removed from the top shelf, allowing Hades to pour the burnt orange liquid into them. He walked back over to his friend handing him a glass, taking a sip himself.

Thanatos held the glass watching the liquid turn into its self, the smell was sweet, but not nearly as sweet as her. He sighed this was worse then before, at least the first time he knew were she was. Hades studied his long time friend, he was off today worse then usual. But somehow his aura was also changing, it wasn’t the thick glossy black, sure it was still black because he was death after all. But it had a tint to it, a blue tint like Trinity’s.

    “You said you knew she was different. How?” Thanatos took a sip from the glass, hot warmth flooded his throat as it began the trip to his stomach.
    “Trinity’s aura is different then others, she’s brighter.” Watching his friends reaction. He didn’t move, a slight nod but nothing more.

    “What color is it?” His face fell to the glass, he had a feeling he already knew.
    “Blue…however” Hades smirked when Thanatos raised his head once more. He gave him a questionable look, taking another sip.
    “It seems her time back home, has improved her aura. My beloved has checked on Trinity a few times, relaying the information at hand. The happier Trinity is the brighter her aura gets, so much so she is fixing shades that aren’t due yet”

The two gods stood, waiting for something to happen. Thanatos’s throat parched even with the drink more then half ways full, the words Hades just said still played in his mind repeating at a rapid pace. Was it possible, was there anyway for a mortal to do such a thing. He didn’t have the answer for that, all he knew was the more Trinity’s name came up the more bewildered he became.

Being the Underworld God has its perks, you can over see death its self. However Hades was not prepared for this little tid bit of information, when his love walked into announcing she’d figured it out. Persephone was somewhat his helper, she’d file things for him, make sure he’d have a decent meal if the work load grew higher. But what Trinity came along, Persephone mentioned that there was something strange about the girl, and she’d taken it upon herself to figure out just what that was.

Her devotion to the task was impressive, since she held the same blood as Hades, due to some mating issues. Persephone was able to watch, locate and listen to Trinity whenever her heart so felt. Hours upon days that woman studied, taking notes and before long bursting into Hades’s office with a endearing smile and a note pad.