DfD 9

Fire burned in her toes clawing it way to her legs, chest and hands. She suddenly felt the need to stand up for herself, she’d never bothered before but something about him using her in such away fueled her hate. Trinity snapped her eyes at the door willing it to burst into the deadly flames she was feeling over her entire body, two long strides and she gripped the handle thrusting it open with enough force to strike fear into anyone.

    “HOW DARE YOU!” She managed to get out, before her breath chocked her. Thanatos stood in the middle of the room, wings spread out as far as he could. His eyes widened with her presents, the fear of what she saw soon kicked in. Trinity studied the new form, black wings like the ones swans had floated out from behind his back. They flapped a little flexing under her gaze, her feet took on their own movement growing her closer to Thanatos.

Fear of what she was doing took over him, he couldn’t bear the thought of another mortal seeing his form of a demon. She’d only see the tattered torn pieces, of a man with sinister wings. Thanatos willed his power to grow, if she were to be scared of him, he’d make it worth her while. Black smoke twisted around his entire body creating the dark aura that he was known for, with his wings he snapped them up and down. The gust pushed her hair around her face, making her push it away.

Snarling at her Thanatos deepened his voice, Trinity took another step leaving only a few feet between them. Clenching his fists Thanatos shook violently, a predator was what he was, and he’d show her that here and now.

    “GET OUT!” Tossing his hand at her, pointing to the door that sat wide open. Trinity froze letting his words hit her in the face, his eyes were solid black while the black fog quicken having no real rhythm. Her fingers itched to touch the smooth looking black feathers, so much so her feet carried her another step to him. Like a magnet he stepped back, growling at her shaking his head like a wild horse.
    “I SAID GET OUT!” More power pushed around his feet, swirling up to his black as night hair. With drawing her hand as the black fog thickened, afraid it might burn her Trinity moved her gaze to his black eyes. He bellowed again when things started to levitate around his office, some even aimed at her. Ducking as a book flew past her face, landing only a few feet from her. Trinity looked at the book before returning to him, her mind made up she didn’t see the point in trying to fix this man.

He was making it clear he hated her very existence, Thanatos had been more the mean to her, and he threatened to break the only walls she had left to protect herself with. Trinity would be damned if a man like him would take her heart from her, she’d never allow him to touch her, never mind look at her. Taking a backwards step she shook her head, unable to believe a man so enthralled in darkness could have such dazzling wings such as those. Flush with the door she gripped the handle, swallowing her fear, she needed to make something clear to him, it was her finally luxury to him.
    “A man like you, shouldn’t have wings of a swan” Closing the door Trinity shook her head, she needed to get the hell out of here. Thankfully Nadia had taught her how to use all her power, willing herself to change into more human like clothing Trinity vanished back to her world. She knew he’d never come for her, Trinity also knew she couldn’t hide from Hades forever but she knew the mortal world better than anyone. She’d just lay low for a while, only venture out for food.

Thanatos stood still afraid if he moved he’d crack like one of the stone man in the gardens, she had called him a swan. His power fell limp, letting the random objects drop many times. Was it possible she saw his wings for what they really where, and not the hideous image so many before her came to bear. Thanatos’s feet gave way dropping him to his knees, gripping his head it banged with the idea she was different.

Swan…..Swan wings…..

He tried to remember what just happened, he’d tried to scare her, make her well known he was dangerous. A shot of pain burst into his heart when he realized she was no long in his castle, he’d done it, scared her away. Trinity was no long anywhere in the underworld, which meant the beauty had fled top side. The mixture of heat and ice cold water flung its self over his whole body, hands dropped from his head to the floor.

What had he done she’d seen him, the real him not the so called monster everyone thought he was. Realization dawned on Thanatos he’d just fucked up his only chance with a woman who would accept him for who he really was, she’d been hurt with his words to bed her without a second thought, before tossing her out like yesterday’s trash. Trinity had come to stand up for herself, which was what he wanted her to do in the first place. But at the sight of his wings she became glossy eyed, almost in awe of him. He willed his mind to replay the look on her face when she stopped yelling at him, and it scared him, she looked stunning as her eyes scanned his body. Not a hint of fear in them, no screaming or crying, just pure awe of the real black elegant wings.

It was a sword to the gut that he’d never remove, not unless he could find her. Make things right, even talk to her. The mortal world was vast she could be anywhere, and he didn’t think her so stupid to go back to her old home. Thanatos called a link to Hades, if anyone could pin point the woman’s location it was him. The line was silence before Hades replied, his voice anything but pleased to be bothered.

~She’s somewhere in France~ before closing the link shut.

The toga smoked away forming a pair of black slacks and a matching shirt. Within seconds he was in France looking around for her, the grey of his eyes were to see mortals while the blue was to see aura’s, Trinity’s would be a mixture since she wasn’t really human any longer. Hours he walked the darkening streets, catching glances of mortal woman who found him desirable. Thanatos’s eyes were in search for only one mortal woman, the woman who would accept him.

Trinity willed a few bucks in her hand before walking into a coffee shop, she’d always wanted to have a real coffee in France. Ordering from what was called a barista the skinny woman took her money handing her a hot coffee in return, smiling at the beautiful heart shape in the center Trinity continued to walk around. There were many things she wanted to do in her life, and with the power she could now cross them off her bucket list. Trinity nearly jumped for joy when she saw the Eiffel tower, walking fast cupping her drink her eyes gleamed at the chance to see such a wonderful piece of art work.

Sitting on a bench just a few miles away from the tower, Trinity drank her coffee enjoying the view. It was a little colder here in France, so she’d willed a beautiful shall over herself to keep the chill off.  French men flirted with her when she walked around, for once she didn’t feel the need to shy away. Laughing at their loving attempts to woo her, Trinity kept walking around wanting to see all that she could, before moving to another state, country or where ever her heart for longed.

Taking a deep breath Trinity felt the tingles of something coming, something almost familiar. Twisting her neck around she caught sight of a tall dark man walking around, he’d not noticed her yet and Trinity wanted to keep it that way. Tossing her coffee into a trash bin, she hurried to get out of sight so she could go somewhere else. Nadia had been clear on the rules to never let a mortal see you vanish, it had something to do with upsetting the balance and making them insane.

Thanatos looked at the Eiffel tower, it was supposed to be the most romantic place on earth. He wasn’t sure how a tower was romantic, but many people purposed to their loves here. Scanning the area looking for anyone who might resemble her, he suddenly caught the sight of a woman walking fast in the opposite direction. Thanatos let the blue of his eyes scan her, his breath hitched when the light blue aura enveloped her. Trinity…he thought moving towards her.

She must have seen him before he saw her, for she looked like she was running from him. Earthquake of pain flushed over him, he’d hurt her so much so she felt the need to flee from his very existence.

He moved his feet faster, making sure not to go faster than the human male could, he watched her dart down an alley way. Trinity was going to teleport, leaving him to search another area. Clearing the corner of the brick building he caught her eyes, before she glared at him turning into a puff of black smoke. Shit! Punching the wall, he growled lining his body in with where her smoke had formed. With this he could use it to send him to the same place she had gone, it was an old trick but one he was now very thankful for.

Opening his eyes Thanatos raised a brow, if he was correct this was Germany. What did she want to do here, surly she wasn’t of German blood. Walking around he didn’t see her anywhere, his wild goose chance was once again going to continue.

Trinity smirked when she changed her outfit, darting down another alleyway willing herself to go somewhere else. Germany was a nice place, but it was cold right now. She’d rather spend her time some place warm, so when she opened her eyes on a Tahiti beach she all but laughed. It was secluded giving her a chance to change into a black bikini, something she would never be caught dead in. But now that she was, why the hell not.

Walking the beach her toes digging into the soft white sand, Trinity realized this was the most fun she’d had ever. Even if it meant running from Thanatos, she could still make it fun. Something about him chasing her made her blood tingle with excitement, she’d must have really gotten to him. And since he couldn’t kill her, Trinity wasn’t worried in the least of what he’d do if he did catch her. Getting herself a room for the night, it was just too lovely to leave. She indulged herself for once, eating lush tropical foods drinking find wines and basking in the sun’s rays.

Trinity realized that she could never be a real goddess, at least not as far as Thanatos or Hades was concerned. But top side she could be whatever her little broken heart desired, that in its self was worth every painful memory. She’d not forgotten that in three months she’d have to return to the underworld, but three months was long enough for her to complete her list.

Thanatos searched all of Germany with no sight of her again, he was starting to believe she’d skipped out right from the very start. If she had, then that made her even clearer then he thought. He was going to have to ask for the aid of Hades in order to find her, had she been given the powers through him then there would have been no need. But Hades was like a master to her, so only he could call her forth or know her location. Thanatos slammed his fiat on the desk, he was passed angry flying right into worried. Trinity had been gone for over three weeks, making her time in the mortal world half way over.