[ 002. wound ]

WOUND

"You should stay for dinner tonight, Thundy," you proudly suggested, chopping off a few vegetables for a delicious stew. "Think of it as a reward for choosing to take most of the work in our report."

Thunderstorm grumbled. He hated people calling him that. Not even his siblings can escape his wrath, but for some reason, it was a different story when it came to you. He likes the way you say his name, how it perfectly rolls out of your tongue.

"Be careful where you're cutting that stuff," he warned, rolling his eyes at the slight arrogance lacing your tone. Crossing his arms against his chest, he leaned against the fridge to closely watch you. "Knives are dangerous items."

"Yes, yes, I know," you dismissively said with a wave of your hand, continuing to chop the carrots. "I'm an experienced chef after all.~"

He snorted, "Yeah, right. As if you didn't burn that chicken paprika once during Home Economics."

You visibly flinched at the memory. A shade of red powdered your cheeks as your hands began to shake. "Th-That's because the instructions were not delivered out clearly and properly! O-Of course I won't be able to follow after it—ouch!"

Feeling a sharp sting, you dropped the knife, backing away from the counter. "Ow. . ."

"[Name]?" Noticing your distress, Thunderstorm urgently pushed himself off the fridge and hastily approached you, checking your hands for injuries. When he saw the small cut on your index finger, he sighed. "What did I tell you?"

"I'm sorry, okay?!" you cried out, biting down on your bottom lip. "It's just that you stirred up my emotions for a second there."

Thunderstorm stared at the small blood leaking out of the gash. He wordlessly brought your wounded finger to his lips, sticking it inside his mouth as he began to suck on it, closing his eyes.

The blush invaded your cheeks again as you stared at him wide-eye. "Wh-What are you doing. . . ?"

When he was done, he parted his lips, removing your now clean finger from his mouth. Taking a step forward, he leaned in and whispered in your ear, "I told you to be careful. Listen to me next time, will you?"