I...I don't know, Akira replied as she closed her eyes. She didn't know, but she was beginning to guess.

Redemption was silent for a moment before he spoke, can you describe the area?

Akira laughed harshly. Without sight, some things were more difficult.

Just try, Redemption prompted.

Trying to keep the panic at bay, Akira took a deep breath. It's cold. There's water dripping somewhere, she thought shakily. I...I think my hand is shackled to a wall. I don't know Ree....I'm sorry I just don't know!

Akira tried not to panic as she sat and waited for her dragon's response, anything that would show her that her dragon knew where she was. Somewhere in the back of her mind there was a glimmer of hope. If she could hear Redemption in her mind, then maybe he wasn't that far away. Then again, she didn't know how far from him her link with his mind worked. For she had never been so far from her dragon that he could not reach her within moments, if he so chose.

Biting her lip, Akira tugged at the shackles. Another stab of pain shot through her arm. She gritted her teeth in frustration. That was when she heard the approaching footsteps. She froze.

Someone's coming, she thought.

Stay calm, Redemption tried to comfort her, the frustration in his voice, at his own helplessness, evident.

The footsteps stopped, and there was the sound of a door opening. And then Akira felt it. A presence that sent shivers down her back.

He's here, she thought. Her dragon didn't reply, and she knew that he had already guessed who she meant.

"What a stench," she heard a familiar voice mutter. It sounded muffled, as though the speaker were holding something in front of their mouth. "It's not like we still have those rotting bodies in here, is it?"

Akira felt the blood drain from her face.

There was a reply muttered which Akira couldn't quite make out.

The footsteps drew closer. "Well well, we meet again," Haiden spoke directly to Akira. His voice came from directly before her. He sounded smug. "I must say, what an honor it is to have you at my humble palace."

Palace? The blood drained from Akira's face as she suddenly felt faint. No...it can't be. Olivia didn't...her panic was growing. This isn't happening!

I'm coming for you, Redemption told her firmly. Hold on! It did nothing to calm her down. In fact, Akira barely heard him. She was filled with fear and dread as she heard more footsteps approach.

"You've been busy since the last time we met," Haiden told her. "We have a lot of catching up to do." He paused. "Take her to the hall," he told someone.

A moment later, Akira felt someone kneel down beside her. A key turned and the shackle fell from her wrist. Yet her freedom was but for a split second before someone grabbed her on either side and hauled to her feet. Moments later, she was dragged from the room.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Redemption glared at Destiny as she blocked his way once more.

They were all in the stables: Seth, Gina, Drake, Levi and their dragons, not to mention Redemption and Destiny.

Brandon stood to one side. "Redemption, I'm afraid that going after her right now is not an option," he spoke up.

"Why not?" Gina exclaimed as she stepped forward to the white dragon's defense. "You know where his palace is, don't you?"

Lessons had been canceled after students realized that the Rider of Legend and Olivia were missing, both of whom had been seen alive after the battle. Rumors spread like wildfire, and everyone had a different theory. Riders around the Academy were already placing bets on which one was right, none of them yet aware of the seriousness of the situation. Only five people and six dragons knew the truth, and they were all in the stables.