It's Time

"What did you say?" Arnold said but still the same quite answer came from her mouth. "Okay, one last time" he said but this time putting his ear to her mouth. The same quite answer came out but this time he could hear it because of what he did. "What do you mean Grandma's crazy?" Arnold said with a puzzled look on his face.

"She had a butcher knife in her hand and she gave me this deviled look" Grace explained, staring at nothing in particular at the moment.

Arnold was still worried about the food but not as much as he uses to be. "So let me get this straight, Grandma was sitting in a rocking chair with a butcher knife in her hand, giving you the devils look when you tried to speak with her, and she hasn't started cooking".

"Yeah that sums it all up" said Grace but still in a surprised state.

"Ok then" Arnold said sitting back down in his chair thinking they were going to die but still wondering will he be able to have one more meal before he died. "Why did mom even drop us off here, Grace?"

She thought back to when they were in the car on the way here and Arnold was asleep. "Mom said it had something to do with the fact of getting dad's stuff".

"O-okay" Arnold said with tears starting to swell up in his eyes. He whipped them to hide the fact he was going to cry. "I miss him Grace, don't you?"

"Of crosses I do". Grace said tearing up also but she had to stay strong for her brother. She whipped her tears and took a breath "But we won't have to miss him anymore because we'll be up there with him". She gave a small smile and looked up to the heavens knowing that their dad was waiting for them.

"Yeah, I guess that's true". Arnold said looking up with her.

"But Arnold, the funny thing is that we...." A butcher knife flew out the kitchen straight into the wall behind Grace. They look to see what it was but regret in doing so.

"What was that?" Arnold gulped in fear. "Where'd it come from?" But as so as he said that he wished he could take it back for he knew the answer and Grace did too.

"Guess it's time, Arnold" Grace said in sadly. She never thought of how she'd die and didn't think to worry of it but now she sees that this is what god has planned for her "To my room, quick".

"Okay" Arnold said in a hushed whisper before getting up out of his seat. Arnold and Grace ran up the stairs into her room and into the corner farthest from the door. "Goodbye, Grace and I love you" Arnold said, tears coming to his eyes with every word he spoke.

"Goodbye, Arnold and I love you too". Grace said in a gentle voice trying to calm him down but in the end she knew there was no way to calm him from this moment.

The lights went out and the door slammed open sending a bone chilling wind inside the dark eerie room. A black figure with red eyes was standing at the door, lurking within the dark shadows. Grace and Arnold stared in horror before letting out an ear piercing scream as it jumped out at them. Their scream in horror and fear rang though out the night, but sadly no one heard and no one came to help.