A Shot for Life

I sighed as the basketball hit the rim of the hoop (again). "Smith! Try harder!" yelled the P.E teacher, glaring at me from the corner of the room. A few of the boys chuckled, but the girls just looked at me sympathetically. They've been there, too.

"Yes, Mrs. Ryans." I muttered, wiping my sweaty hand on my shorts, and pathetically throwing the ball up in the air. I'm not bad at basketball, but I enjoy ticking people off.

"Amelie, meet me outside the locker rooms so we can walk to Science together." Ashley (my best friend) said quietly.  I nodded my head and threw the ball into the hoop for the first time today.

As soon as Mrs. Ryans let us out, I was smiling like a fool. In the last 10 minutes I manged to get 60 shots into the hoop. The class was buzzing happily, looking forward to take a warm shower to clean off all their sweat.

A loud beep echoed through the gym and a voice on the intercom spoke, "Amelie Smith, please come to the office right away, Amelie Smith, please come to the office immediately."

A chorus of 'Oooo, Amelie is in trouble!' came from students mouths, but I shrugged it off. Its probably about the I.D I stole yesterday- or maybe the honey on the cafeteria floor (I added glue over it so it looked white- I'm so darn smart!).

The silence in the hallways told me something was wrong. 'Amelie, if you go in there then you will be scarred forever.' the angel me said. But I paid no attention- I never listened to it anyways.

Inside the office was small, and I sat in the chair that was placed in the corer of the room. It practically had my butt print on it from sitting there so much.

A woman in a blue suit was whispering to Miss. Haven, the secretary. Miss Haven motioned over to me, telling the blue-suit lady I was right there. She turned around, a fake smile plastered on her face. "Ok, I honestly didn't do it this time!" I cried, afraid this woman would take me to J.V, "I do't want to be separated from my dad!"

Her smile never faltered, but her eyes held sorrow. So much pain, depression, and anger were locked away in those eyes. It reminded me of a saying, something about 'Your eyes are windows to your soul'. "Darling, I have to take you away."

"B-B-But why?" I whimpered. "I haven't done anything wrong today- if you don't include the snake in Mrs. Ryans office."

"Amelie-"

"And I can do work to make up for it! I'll clean the whole school-"

"Amelie!"

"And I'll wash all the teachers cars, and I'll get a solid A in math-"

"AMELIE!" the woman yelled, breathing heavily. Amelie froze, her mouth half open from talking. "We have to have a chat. Miss Haven, are there any private rooms here?"

"Yes," Miss Haven replied, getting up and motioning for us to follow.

All of this was just too overwhelming, and hitting me to fast, like a baseball being hit to the batter, only the batter is on the side just warming up.

We followed Miss Haven to a detention room. It was small and empty space with a single chair in the corner, possessing textbooks on top. "Please, Amelie, sit down."

"Why don't you sit at the desk? I'm younger, and it wouldn't be a bother." she didn't laugh or show any signs of doing so, her face remained solemn.

"Sit in the chair, please." I quickly took the seat, understanding I wasn't going to win this fight. "Amelie, sometimes things happen to people- now, they aren't really fair, but they happen. That does not mean that we should just give up.

"The Lord has his own way of doing things. If he needs someone in heaven-"

I was getting anxious, and I blurted, "Just spit it out!"

"Amelie. Honey, your father is dead..." I went numb. My ears stopped working, and my eyes felt so heavy- I just HAD to close them. The woman didn't seem to notice my condition, so she kept on talking. I made an attempt to talk- to say something, but it all went black before I could try.

Authors Note:

There may be a few mistakes her and there, but I think overall its pretty good.

HEY! Do you see that VERY lonely orange button down there? I really think that it needs some love!

(P.S- This chapter ay not be as good as the others. Please give this story a chance and read the next few chapter.........)

LOVE YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU (Wow... thats creepy)