chapter 3

Bella's POV

It has been two weeks since I turned into a vampire. And when you can't sleep, two weeks can seem very long. Especially if you are spending them by yourself.

I spent the last two weeks in the Cullen's house. I only got out when I went to the forest to hunt.

During these two long weeks, I looked around the Cullen's home, making myself familiar with their scents. I also tried to find out anything that could help me in my search for Edward.

I read some 'reports' in Carlisle's office. They were more like a diary reporting stuff he found out, or things that happened. Not all of them were there, but from what I read I found out a bit more about the Volturi. They are really horrible and cruel. I hope I never have to meet any of them, ever.

I spent most of my time in Edward's room. It doesn't hurt to think of him anymore, because I know I am going to fing him soon. I listened to many of the music CDs he has. I also watched many movies. 

I tried to stay away from Rosalie's room as much as possible. I know she hates me, and I don't like her that much either. Alice's room, on the other hand, I frequented almost as much as Edward's.

You're probably wondering why I haven't gone off after them already. That's because I'm on house arrest. By whom, you may ask.

The pack.

They made me promise not to leave the house or the surrounded area for at least a month, to make sure I won't accidentally attack any humans. Also to keep out of sight from the few people who were still out there looking for me.

Which is why I enter Alice's room a lot. To get myself something to wear. Since vampires don't sweat or anything, I shouldn't need to change my clothes often, right? Wrong! I kept getting blood and dirt on my clothes when I hunt.

Anyway, here I am just sitting on the couch in front of the TV, where I have been sitting for the last ten hours, watching movie after movie, when I smell a wiff of Alice's scent.

At first I shrug it off. I am wearing her clothes, after all. But then I hear very light footsteps. I turn down the volume and listen. A few more steps then I hear the front door opening.

I whirl around, defensive, ready to attack, to find myself face to face with a shocked Alice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry i know it's toooooooooooooooo short. enjoy