Chapter 2

Waking up to a terrifying roar the little female lifted her head quickly, she spotted a scary shape moving through the trees. The creature had a long slender body and a large snout, two more of the creatures followed the slightly large one. Giving off a terrified wail to her sleeping parents she limped into the cover of a nearby shrub, instantly the three creatures stopped as two angry spinosaurs stood and roared. As the three shapes entered the dawn filled clearing the little female could see that the three were built for speed and tearing into large herbivores, their arms were log and at the end of their fingers sat large curled claws. Their tails were long as were their whole body, her two elder brothers hid behind the angry roaring spinosaurs who had given them life. The three pack hunters gave roars of their own as the paced about wanting the tiny morsels behind the terrifying parents, one of the large pack hunters jumped at the slightly weaker mother. It's long arms and mighty jaws helped it to hang onto the side of the large female, giving a roar of rage and pain the mother tried to shake the terrible killer off. Giving a roar it bit down hard onto her fragile frill causing her to collapse, the father who had been fighting off the other two gave a roar and turned running as fast as his two large hind legs and two much frailer arm like legs could take him. The three hatchlings followed knowing that the three pack hunters would be too keen on eating the much large kill to worry about the three tiny creatures who followed quickly after the large father spinosaurus, the little female took one last glance at her now dead mother before quickly following after her father and brothers. The forest had soon gone quiet as the now even smaller family went deeper into the dark woods, the brothers had gone quiet as to not anger their father. The little female knew that when she were old enough and knew how to hunt fish she would leave her father since as soon as he were to meet a new female spinosaurus in heat he would turn on his own offspring, giving a soft grumble at the though the little female went quicker as to keep up. As the day drew on and on the small family began to grow hungry, the father once tried to eat one of his own sons since he grew hungry and needed food very soon or he would be driven to eat his hatchlings. The family of four soon came upon a wide stream which held many many fish, the father now knowing he would have to teach his young ones to hunt the slippery fish gave a soft grumble for them to come close to watch his demonstration. His long slender snout hovered just above the water as the fish swam past unaware of their new hunter, suddenly he plunged his snout into the water and pulled from it a fat silver fish. The albino female instantly caught onto the trick and went close to the waters edge to try it out while her very hungry father feasted on his catch, she had soon daughter her own fish but this one was much smaller a slender then her fathers. Her brothers had caught their own as well and were chewing into it hungrily, the roar that had sounded the day before sounded off and much closer then expected. The three siblings hid in the nearby scrub as it was too late to try to run from whatever was following them, the father acted as though he were a wondering male and looked eagerly at the waters shimmering surface. Heavy footfall signalled the arrival of another large predator, the ageing male turned to face the large creature. It's scales were glinting crimson in the dim forest light, its arms were very short and it had two tiny but very pointy horns above its eyes. It's legs were well muscled as it was built for running, it's jaw was large but short showing that it wasn't meant for fighting very large herbivores. It gave its shrill roar only much quieter now, both large carnivores let out low growls as to not be aggressive. The little female notice two tiny crimson shapes in some shrubs behind the large female carnivore, she let out a tiny growl to say she wasn't a threat to them so they made their way quickly towards the three spinosaurus hatchlings. Their mother shortly noticed as she began to search the scrubs until she found them crouched down next to the three spinosaurus hatchlings, both parents had full bellies so no fighting was done. Each lay at a seperate end of the tiny clearing, the youngsters played about in the middle sensing no trouble amongst the two full carnivores. The little female limped slightly from her now healed scar, the tiny carnitour hatchlings were curious and were much faster then their temporary friends. The father stood and gave the signal for his three hatchlings to follow knowing that this was not the carnivore that had been hunting them but she was a simple wanderer looking for a new home as they did, the little female knew that sometime in the future she would see these two hatchlings again. Quickly following her father deeper and deeper into the forest she glanced back, she caught a glimpse of the vanishing crimson tails of the two Carno hatchlings as they vanished into the thick bushes of the forest. The family continued onwards, it was as though her father was distracted as he cared not for their wails to stop and rest. The little female stopped when she swore she saw movement in the trees, instantly she made her way quickly under a bush and called her two forever silly brothers. They crouched down in the bush next to their little sister scared yet curious, their father did not notice them go and continued onwards through the forest. The three stayed quiet knowing that the would never see their dearest father again unless he turned around to help them, quite close by came a loud huff as a very large creature with small front arms and strong back legs. It looked like the Carno's from before only it had smoother scales, no horns on its head and it was far bigger. It let out a roar as it picked up the three small scents of the hatchlings, they kept quiet awaiting their father to save them. The large creature sniffed about its jaws covered in stale blood as though it fed sometime that day, a much more shrill roar sounded not long after the gigantic creatures terrifying blood curdling roar. Out of the trees stepped their much distracted father, the little female could see that this bigger creature had the power to kill him easily but their father had longer arms as an advantage. Both gave off roars before charging at each other, the large male Tyrannosaurus rex managed to get first bite on their fathers slender neck. But not long after the now bleeding adult male spinosaurus used his large front claws to knock the T-Rex off balance, it managed to stay on its feet but was greeted by an unwelcoming force that knocked it off its feet and into a tree. The Tyrannosaurus Rex gave a last roar before it was silenced by the final blow of their father, the three made their way slowly out of the bush and were greeted by a nudge and soft growl from their father. The family feasted on the body of the T-Rex, stuffed with a good meal after a day of walking they all laid down to rest. Almost half of the carcass still remained and would bring many scavengers to their location, the three hatchlings curled up under a bush incase of emergency while their father laid down in the shade of some trees. The sun had sunk over the western horizon shortly after, the little female gave a last huff before falling asleep.