First Post

I don't know what to write here, so maybe I would start sharing my own story to you guys. Here's the first part.

Never knowing what the future planned for me, I entered college. I thought it was the same way as going to high school. I was not a student of achievements. I was actually a student who was just going with the flow. I sometimes would do my assignment, but oftentimes would not. It was a challenge that before I continued my studies, I had to go through enrolment for the first sem. Everyone knows how hard it was/is to enrol in CCM.

Adding to that was the idea that everything was new. From the long line for medical examination up to struggling to get a course, you had to literally excrete a pail of sweat.

Fourth day of enrolment, I still had no course and God knows how many times I cursed. I was contemplating whether I should stop that stupidity or continue talking to myself while waiting for the line to move.

Unfortunately, the pessimistic me won the game. I found myself walking down the stairs of the old PNB building holding all my requirements inside a plastic envelope. When I was at the fourth floor, I saw my classmate falling in a line. There were only four people on that line and he was the last. I walked to him to say hi and boast that I would not continue the enrolment so I could just forget all my dreams in life.

“May course ka na?” He asked.

“Wala pa nga eh. Ikaw? Ano’ng course ‘yan” I replied.

“Dito ka na lang din! Pila ka na!” he answered.

“Teka, ano munang course ‘yan?” I asked again.

“Basta, lika na!” He replied.

Suddenly, the person inside the room told us to get inside. There I was readying myself to get interviewed by the dean of the course I did not even know.

When it was already my turn, out of desperation, I answered all her queries. I thought that secreting sweat was enough but I was wrong. Blood flowed overwhelmingly in my nose because I had to speak in English. Epistaxis! I did not know how I survived that interview, but what I could remember was that one question.

“Why did you choose Education.” the dean asked.

That was the only time when I discovered I was enrolling for that course.

I answered it back while gasping, “I choose Education because it is my dream.”

She was staring at me all along and I knew for a fact that I was lying. She looked at my card with almost unsatisfying grades.

I knew that I failed the interview and my grades weren’t good enough, so I was expecting that she would just reject me with subtlety just like what happened in PLM. Yes. I also enrolled in that school.

However, that was not the case. She told me that she did not want to ruin my dream, so she would accept me. Yet, I would be under probation. Meaning to say, I had to be in good status in the first sem to stay in that school. I told her that I would do my best and thanked her.

Hoooray! I had a course! I went home with a smile and new hope.