2-First Night at Home

Oliver and I step into the house. My brother and I were stuck on the island for five years. We have learned to be cautious. I look at Ollie and nod. He nods and walks inside. I give our mom a hug and tell her that Oliver and I are going to take a shower. She nods and we head upstairs. Oliver heads to his room and I head to mine. I take a long hot shower and get out. I slide into the blue dress I picked out. I run to Oliver's room and walk in. I close the door and he comes walking out of the bathroom in a towel.

I ask,“Could you zip me up?"

He smiles and says,“Of course."

Oliver zips me up and I turn around. I run my fingers over his scars.

I ask,“Are we really home Ollie? Is this a dream?"

He says,“No. We are home. Everything that was recognizable...."

I say,“.....Is now different."

He nods and I ask,“Do I have to wear those death traps for feet women call heels?"

Oliver says,“You can wear them for just a little while."

I say,“Only for you Ollie."

He hugs me and I hug him back I leave and run back to my room. I pick out a pair of black heels and walk over to the mirror. The face I see in the mirror is unrecognizable.

Flashback:

Oliver and I get on the boat. Our father gets on and I see Sarah Lance running. I smile because she came. I hug her as she gets on board. Oliver and her head to his room. I roll my eyes and we head off.

~night time~

I hear thunder and see lightning. I hear my father and one of the crew talking. We are heading back. I sigh in relief. I go to Oliver's room and see Sarah sitting there. I tackle her to the bed and she laughs. Oliver comes in.

I say,“We are heading back home."

Oliver says,“Ok."

I ask,“Can I stay with you Ollie?"

He smiles and says,“Yes. I know how thunder scares you."

I smile and Sarah says,“That was close."

Oliver says,“You will be fine Sarah."

Next thing I know, I'm floating next to Oliver in the ocean. He grabs me and we swim to the life raft. Dad and one of the crew pulls us out.

End of Flashback

I slide the heels on and head downstairs. I am looking at photos when the door opens and someone whistles. I stand up and turn around. It's Tommy Merlyn. He's my brother's best friend. I see his eyes widen and he is surprised.

I say,“Tommy."

He says,“ Genevieve ."

I walk to him and look up at him. He smiles and I smirk.

He says,“I'm so happy you're alive."

I say,“Thanks Tommy."

I hear my brother coming down the stairs and I run up. I stop him.

I ask quietly,“Do I look okay?"

He looks me over and says,“You look beautiful,  Genevieve ."

I kiss his cheek and he kisses mine. I walk over to Tommy and he smiles.

I ask, “Would you like to stay for dinner?"

He says,“I'd love to."

I smile and he sees Oliver and goes over to him.

~Dinnertime~

Thea says,“You and I are hitting the city."

Tommy says the same thing to Ollie.

He says,“I was also hoping to stop by the office."

Walter says,“There's no need to do that. Queens Consolidated isn't going anywhere."

I get up and the maid bumps into me. She apologizes in her Russian accent. I tell her it's okay in Russian. I head to Oliver and motion for him to come with me out into the hall. He follows.

I say quietly,“Walter wants to sleep with mom."

He says,“Dad is dead, Genevieve ."

I say,“Say something."

He nods and we head back to the table.

Oliver says,“I didn't realize you wanted to sleep with my mother."

Everyone is speechless.

Thea says,“I didn't tell him."

Oliver says,“She didn't have to."

He gets up and asks,“May I be excused?"

Mom says,“Of course."

Oliver leaves.

~Night~

I am laying in my nightgown on the floor having a nightmare. I'm going back to the night of the accident. Next thing I know, I'm awake and Tommy is on the ground.

Thea is there and she says,“ Genevieve ."

I pull away from Tommy. The window is open and I am soaked. I scramble across to the window and look at Tommy.

I say,“I'm sorry. I I didn't mean to."

Tommy says,“Its okay. You're home Genevieve. You're safe and you're home."

------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey y'all. I know it's been a loooooooooooooong time since this story was updated but I have been busy. I have had several doctor appointments and have been icing my injury. Please enjoy this chapter. I am still injured but enjoy. I am going to try to update soon.

VOTE

COMMENT

READ

ENJOY

COMMENT

COMMENT

COMMENT