Evie

I have been lying on this bed for days now. That little girl comes often and stays for as long as possible that is before getting shooed out by the maids in order to let me rest.

That girl simply comes to the room, greets me and starts a light conversation. This has become a routine. I had at the beginning heard one of the maids address her as 'Miss Evie'.

Evie means life, this girl is indeed filled with liveliness.

She never forgets to bring a carnation for every visit. She then places it on the bedside table top in a tiny vase.

Her blonde hair and hazel eyes do not resemble mine in the least yet when she calls me 'brother' I can feel the sibling attachment.
I wouldn't mind having a sweet little sister like her at all.

She insists on helping the maids who take care of my medicine. Giving a glass of water to me whenever I am thirsty or
helping me eat my food without choking myself has become a common practice of hers.

I was patiently waiting for her arrival today which I have pretty much gotten used to by now. She was already late by an hour than usual and I was getting fidgety.

I called out a maid and asked "Have you seen Evie?"

She said "No Milord".

"Do you happen to know why she hasn't arrived yet?"

She shook her head.

This...did something happen?

#**#**#**#