Chapter 8

The morning sun was shining brightly into my bedroom as I woke. As I turned over to get out of bed Grace was staring at me with a smirk.

"Good morning sunshine!"

Was I dreaming again? How did she get in here? I rubbed my eyes and looked closely. Grace was still there. It's like she's attached to me, she won't go away.

"Good morning" I said hesitantly.

I could smell the aroma of pancakes downstairs. I jumped off my bed and walked around Grace towards the door. I struggled down the staircase and entered the kitchen and scent of delight.

"You're up early today!" exclaimed my mother as i approached the table.

My mother walked over and set down my breakfast onto the table and found a seat next to me.

"Hey, are you okay?"

I just glared at her. I'm not okay. I'm being stalked by the dead and I can't control it. Why me? What does she want? It's hard to keep all of these secrets from my mother, but if these secrets get out, I could die.

"I'm fine, just not feeling so good"

"Should I take you back to the hospital?"
"No, mom. I don't think that we really-"
"I think I'm going to take you back. Come on, let's go"

My mother grabbed my hand and we walked out to car. I could feel the aches of my stomach and my fever rising on the way to the hospital. I started feeling sick as I walked passed Grace on the way downstairs. From that point on I started getting a little nauseous and feeling a headache begin to arise in my head. After about a half an hour we were back at the hospital. My mother guided me out of the car and we walked over to the large building. She took my hand and we walked through the doors to the front desk.

"Hello there, what can I do for you?" exclaimed the nurse.

"I need an appointment for my daughter with Dr. Stone"

"Okay name please?"

"Rosemary Wilkins"

"Okay just sit over there in the waiting room and we will get to you as soon as possible.

"Okay thank you!"

After about 15 minutes Dr. Stone came out to get my mother and I. We walked into a very dull room and he handed me a hospital gown to change into. My mother was describing my symptoms as I walked back into the room and sat down with her.

"Okay Ms. Wilkins let's get you started!" Dr. Stone said to me.

He quickly did a basic check up as he spoke to my mom about my 'odd behavior'.

"I'll be back shortly. I'm going to take these results to the nurse to examine and I'll be right back! You're all done Rosemary!"

As the doctor walked out, my mother walked over to me and put her hand on my knee for comfort, staring into my eyes.

"Everything is going to be okay" my mother whispered to me putting her hand to my face.

At that moment, Dr. Stone was back with results.

"Mrs. Wilkins, I need to see you please"

My mother quickly walked into the room to meet Dr. Stone.

"Mrs. Wilkins, we need to talk. Rosemary isn't getting these symptoms from her coma"

"What is it?"

"Rosemary may be suffering a few behavioral or brain functioning disorders due to her coma. I did however talk to nurse Lorello, and she described symptoms much like your daughter's. Although the diagnosis is quite ridiculous and unlikely, we must take precautions"

"Dr. Stone, what do you mean?"

"It was highly advised you see a specialist in the psychiatric field. Your daughter could be experiencing some paranormal activity"

"That's impossible!"

"I'm afraid not Mrs. Wilkins"

"What can I do?"

"I cannot be certain, but this is my best diagnosis. I happen to know someone who works with kids like Rosemary"