Epilogue

One year later

Ollie grunted as a heavy fist glanced off his ribs but he was unmoving in his pin. I watched his moves carefully. Over the past year he had bulked up, not heavily but his musculature was apparent. The various scars he had across his body had also flattened slightly. It was interesting to see the nearly white lines across his tanned skin. I knew Linnette was fascinated by them, if her continued tracing of them when she stood by him was anything to go by.

Marion called the match and looked to Byron for his permission for the next match. She has taken over as Byron's replacement quite well. She was learning a lot and taking everything in stride. I was proud of her in that.

Byron gestured her back and stepped forward himself to motion for another opponent to step into the ring with Ollie. There was still a slight stiffness that he had with Ollie. Prejudice sometimes ran deep but I knew that Byron and his mate understood that Linnette had chosen Ollie and their mating was claimed and their bond was cemented. There was no going back for them. The match started and I glanced down, smiling at Matthew as his sleepy eyes focussed up at me.

"Look at who's awake." I bounced him slightly in my arms and he gave a gummy grin at me. My chest tightened with happiness as I looked down at him. He was really and truly adorable and a unique boy. A familiar presence stepped up beside me and I leaned towards Arlo as his hand pressed to my lower back and his other one reached up and grasped Matthew's tiny hand.

"Hey there big guy!" He bent down, making faces at him. I felt a soft smile on my face as Matthew giggled, reaching up for him. It always made me feel like melting when Arlo was with Matthew. Seeing him act so soft and gentle was... there was very little I could say that encompassed how that made me feel. "Did he just wake up?" Arlo's brown eyes focussed on me and I nodded before moving closer and pecking the corner of his mouth.

The chance I had given us, that nerve wracking start I had attempted to provide for us, had been paid back tenfold in my opinion as I looked at Arlo. I took a gamble and it gave me so much in return. I never thought we would have reached the point we were at when I had felt that bone shaking anxiety as I told him I wanted to give us a chance. I closed my eyes as I pressed my forehead to his cheek. I loved being around him, being in his presence. It calmed me and my wolf and the knowledge that this male was the one who had taken such good care of Maggie just cemented that feeling deep into my bones. The knowledge he loved me, Alpha Female title and all, secured my heart in his hands.

"You okay, Elle?" At the whispered nickname I felt my mouth twitch upwards. Arlo was the only person who called me that. A nickname he made just for me. It warmed my chest, radiating out to the tips of my fingers. He nuzzled my forehead, his lips brushing my skin softly.

"I'm alright." I was slightly anxious but I had my reasons. Today was a very important day for us. I pulled back from Arlo as I bounced Matthew again, turning my attention to him. The little boy was a bright spot in my day. In quite a few people's days, I knew. He was such a sweet and treasured little boy, even at just three months old he had most of the pack wrapped around his finger. It came with the fact he was one of the first born babies in a long time.

"Hey, Sorrel." Ollie walked over with a bright smile on his face. I returned it as I held out Matthew for him.

I gently handed the infant to his father who took him without hesitation. "Win again?" Ollie nodded as pressed a kiss to Matthew's forehead.

"That I did." He bounced Matthew with a brilliant smile as he nuzzled his son's stomach, making the little boy giggle and laugh. "Daddy is getting very good at the pins! Mummy and Uncle Arlo taught him well." His smile never faltered as he pressed more kisses to Matthew's face and tummy as his son chortled and giggled, kicking out his legs and flailing his arms.