CHAPTER 17

Dedicated to
Artezzz @manghamm

The morning was awfully hot, as the ray of the sun shone on Haniyya Ismail. She couldn't remember where she was, or how she got there. But one thing she knew for sure was, she wanted to leave. The horrible smell of Izal and blood filled her nostrils.

She always hated the smell of Izal. She looked around the very small room. It was practically bare. The walls were white. Or rather, were meant to be white. As they now had smears of dirty hands and red stains; which she hoped wasn't blood.

The rickity old bed she was on was in a corner. She couldn't keep still. For a reason she didn't understand. She just sat with her knees to her chest, and her arms wrapped around them, swinging back and forth. A habit she was well accustomed to.

She kept swinging, until she almost lost her balance. She quickly used her hand to stop her from falling. A sudden pain in her hand made her to stop. She turned to look at it and it was then she noticed the drip connected to her hand.

The pain on her hand from the drip started becoming worse. She closed her eyes to stop tears from rushing out.

As she closed them, images of her rape kept coming back. She rocked her body faster. The voices of the men rung in her head. She used her hands to block her ears. The pain and torture was back again. She screamed as loud as she could. Trying so hard to fight them off her. She could feel the slaps and punches they threw at her. She wanted it to stop. She wanted to forget. She rocked faster.

"Leave me alone!" She shouted.

"Please"

"Help me"

A team of nurses in white rushed into the room. They surrounded her as they trued to see what was wrong.

The images in her head were slowly fading. She rocked slowly as she sang the one song that brought her happiness again.

"If I could have, another wish, another dance with him. I'll play a song that will never ever end as I'll love love love, to dance with my father again"

Dance with my father- Luther Vandross

_________________

It was a similar case for Maryam Ismail.Except, she was in one of the finest and well equipped hospitals on the mainland.
She sat on her bed looking out the window, lost in thought. She felt numb all through. Except for the constant pain in her head.

The knock on the door makes her to turn around.

"Yes?"

"Good morning miss Ismail. Your breakfast is here."

Tow ladies usher in the trolly filled with different kinds of food. They set it and leave the room.

She stares as the food. They all look so good. She remembers what they are called, but others seem so new. She doesn't stress herself to remember their names.

She sit and eats. She remembers what happened the day before. She doesn't know why she freaked out, but there was just something about him. It made her feel scared. Seeing him made her head hurt so bad and for a while she could see images.

Images of him that brought bad memories. She shakes her head to stop thinking about him.

After her meal she takes the medication the nurses left on her tray. Her doctor said she was in an accident and lost her momory. She also has a concussion. She still doesn't know how she feels about that. She wants to remember her past life.