Chapter 2

Daisy POV
Beep...beep...beep is all I can hear as I wake. My head is hurting so much, there's a pounding sound in my head and it is really irritating. Slowly, I open my eyes to see that I am in one of the containment rooms surrounded by medical equipment. No one is in the room and I am thankful because I would have to talk and that would cause noise. I try to sit but a shooting pain races up my back so I stop.
Then really loudly the door opens and Simmons is stood there absorbed in a tablet muttering something to her self about machines not working. She lifts her head and sees me.
"Daisy, how are you?" She asks.
" Ok, just a headache," I say - failing to mention the shooting back pains.
"Good, good..." she says as she walks across to the beeping machine. She starts to fiddle with it adjusting things, such as the volume as she knows that my head is killing. However, I can tell that something is off, I can tell that she is avoiding me, so I ask her " What happened after the ceiling came down?"
She explains that no one noticed until she and Fitz started to head to Coulsons office and when they found us, Coulson was injured quiet badly - broken leg, bleeding head. But he was waking up. She goes on saying that once he stirs he asks about me - they thought I was waiting in his office or in my room. She starts to stutter and then she says " We started to lift rubble off you until you were free and...and you were alive but your back had been hit by a huge piece of brick and is damaged. You started to seize and then we had to rush you to the med bay, after a week of intense care we moved you down here for both ours and your safety."
"Wait, a week!" I exclaim.
" Well, now it has been 3 weeks - you were in a coma for the first week and then you had 8 surgeries on your back and you woke today," she tells me. I must have looked really puzzled because all I could think was what had happened whilst I was out. After I ask Simmons explains that the team are out on a watchdog investigation and it has been rather quiet otherwise.
I start to sit up but the pain shoots up my back and I groan.
"Not just a headache then," Simmons says, obviously knowing that I lied.
"Yeah but it isn't that bad," I lie as I swing my legs out of the bed, instantly regretting it. I look at the floor as I bite my bottom lip as the pain is not good. After a minute of sitting there Simmons comes and sits beside me. She knows I won't give up so she helps me instead. Slowly I start to use my legs but then I start to feel dizzy as the pain is excruciating.
"Simmons, I need to sit down!" I snap. After she lowers me back onto the bed I apologise for snapping and just as she is about to ask me where it hurts a loud BOOM goes off and...