36. "sweet little girl"

Start from the beginning

From her reflection in the steel, I see her shake her head no. "No, not yet. I'm not sure what I want."

"Have you picked out a wall colour?" I ask. Sophie shakes her head again. "Furniture?" again, the same response. "What about decorations?" nope. I sigh. "Okay, how about putting some posters up on the walls? I hear a lot of teens are doing that nowadays,"

"You say that like you're an old man," she teases, leaning against the counter. I laugh. "And the poster thing seems pretty cool. I just... I wouldn't know what to do."

Me. "What do you mean?"

"Like, what posters to put up, and stuff," she scuffs her shoe against the floor, deep in thought. I smile.

"Well, I mean, I am in a band," I hint at her, and Sophie's cheeks flush a light pink.

"Oh, I know," she murmurs, and I bite my lip to contain the amused smile on my face. "But Daddy, not just 5SOS. I want other bands, too. Or TV shows."

"TV?" I echo. "You've never liked watching too much TV."

She shrugs. "I'll start once I see a cool poster."

"I'll get you some posters then, princess." I say, leaning over to kiss her forehead. "Do you have an idea of how many you want?"

"No, Daddy. Not yet."

"Well, it's a pretty big room, so..." I try to picture the house I own but haven't actually stepped foot in since the tour started, each and every room more spacious than the last. "I say... a hundred?"

"A hundred?!"

"Could push for a hundred and ten," I say, grinning, and Sophie's eyes widen significantly. I decide to explain to her the actual measurements of the room a little while later. "Okay, first task, just so I have an idea of what to do for you."

"Mhm," she hums, listening intently.

"Choosing your room colour."

"What if I can't decide?"

"Then I paint you a damn rainbow," I joke, and she laughs lightly. "Or we could go to Home Depot first thing tomorrow morning. You can pick out a few swatches, see what you'd like."

"Can I have more than one colour?"

"Of course you can," I smile softly at her, and the gesture is returned. "Now, for furniture-"

"I haven't thought about that, yet."

"That's fine," I tell her quickly, not wanting to add any pressure. "You don't have to know now. But you can have anything you want, a whole new wardrobe, a new dresser, one of those princess beds-"

"Daddy, I don't want you spending a lot of money on me."

"But that's my job," I'm quick to tell her, squeezing my arm around her waist gently. "I'm supposed to spoil my little girl."

"You spoil me too much already," Sophie jokes, laying her head on my shoulder. "I can't believe we only have a month to go."

"I know," I sigh happily. In all honesty, moving day has been the only thing on my mind these past couple of weeks. I guess I just can't wait for Sophie and I to have a house all to ourselves.

"Are you gonna miss it?"

"Hm?"

"You know," she turns, looks at me. "The fans, the guys. The shows. Touring."

"Yes," I immediately reply, brushing her hair out of her face. "Of course I'll miss it. I'll miss it because I don't know when the next tour will be, because I probably won't run into as many fans as I do now, because I won't be on stage as often, even because I won't be able to call Mike up at 4am to have an early beer," she giggles. "Yes, I'll miss it, I'll miss everything. But," I say, halting her interjection. "I'm also very excited. For us."

She smiles; her soft, pretty little smile that makes my heart thump and my stomach flip. "I'm excited too, Daddy."

"I'm happy to hear that, angel," I kiss her head again. She hugs me as tight as possible, spreading a warm, fuzzy feeling throughout my body. "Okay, seriously, this time. We need to start planning."

"Planning. Okay."

I nod. "First thing we do when we get home. To our real home,"

"Mhm,"

"Start decorating."

"Yeah,"

"Your room's the first on the list,"

"Right,"

"And then we go to IKEA."

"IKEA?"

"IKEA."

"Daddy, stop doing a John Green."

"Right. Sorry," I chuckle, rubbing her arm up and down. "I'm just saying, IKEA's the place to be when you're looking to get new furniture."

"But we've got a month to go," she reminds me. "It's too early to plan an IKEA trip."

"It's never too early to plan an IKEA trip," I note. "Hey, what if we get you one of those wallpapers? You know, the ones with all the cute patterns?"

"Patterns?"

"Yeah. Butterflies, crowns and stuff. Girls like that, don't they?"

Sophie looks at me, a little skeptical. "Daddy?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm eighteen,"

"I kn-"

"Not eight."

Rolling my eyes, I nudge her playfully, her small laugh sounding like music to my ears. "At least I'm trying."

"I know. And I appreciate that," Sophie beams up at me, kissing me lightly on the lips. "It's just, maybe leave my room alone for the time being."

"Alright, fine," I say, smiling softly. "Goddamn. I really love you, you know that, right?"

"Yes, Daddy," she exhales with a smile of her own. "I love you, too, and I can't wait until this month's over."

"Neither can I, baby," I murmur, embracing my little girl, loving everything that she is because without her, I wouldn't be who I am. "Neither can I."

As u can see,,, this is a v boring filler chapter I apologize and I haven't had time to proof read it so IM SORRY

Thank you guys so much for reading! Hopefully you don't hate me too much for nothing happening here except for some house planning ahahha I love you all, take care :-)
-M xxx