Chapter 2

We had 1 hour from the Capitol before our arrival at District 1. For each District Cinna put together a different wardrobe. For District 1 Jackson would be dressed in a red suit with a white tie and white shoes. The cuff links were diamonds and the suit was embroidered with tiny ones. On his left hand he had a platinum engagement band and on his head was a top hat. My outfit was a long red snuggly fit silk dress that was a stand of diamonds that ran around the waist. Up both sides of the dress was a long slit that stopped at my thigh. My heels were 4 inches tall that pushed my height to being 5 inches shorter than Jackson who was 6 foot 5. They were a matching red color that had diamonds in the center.

A half hour before we pulled up to the elegantly decorated station in District 1, Jackson and I were dressed. My hair and make up was simple since Cinna said I didn't need anymore altering of any type or form. The only thing was my nails and lips which were a bold red color. On each nail was a tiny diamond the size of a pin tip. In my hair was a custom made tiara of the genetically altared CalliRose. For a lasting impression was my engagement ring that was a large diamond the size of a peach pit. I rejected the option of wearing it and opted for a smaller version that didn't make my hand strain itself when I tried to lift it up.

I stood in Jacksons arms with my back to him. He had his arms placed on my waist. Both of us wore ultra bright smiles on our faces as we pulled into the station. Before we came to a stop people had already taken pictures.

When the doors slid appart to let us out peace keepers stood to the side to escort us safetly to the Mayors house. In District 1 Meraiah Morelle was the Mayor. In District 1 female Mayors were more common than the males because the District specialized in Luxury items and the females were better at running it.

Jackson and I walked arm and arm through the station and to our car that would drive us to where we needed to go. Before we got into the car Jackson pulled me to his body and gave me a passionate kiss. Once the doors were closed and the windows were tinted we were off.

It was a short 10 minute drive before we pulled up outside the Mayors house. It was a large three story home that was mixed between a colonial and victorian styled house. Most of the walls were made up of glass. When we made our way to the front door we noticed the guilded door knob was made of pure crystals.

Before we even knocked the door was opened and a avox gestured us inside. We were escorted down the hall and to the Mayors private office quarters. For me my job was to be physically present it was Jacksons job to go through the Districts paperwork and either decline or accept their renewal of mayorship.

In the meeting on the train Jackson told me that 4 out of 5 times a Mayor will be stripped of his or her powers because they weren't making Finnick happy with the way production went and the next in line would be up.

Sometimes the Mayors would fight to keep there spot and that would result in immeadiate death. Last year the female Mayor, Barbara Nevinski refused to give up her position and was whipped in the town square with a diamond studded whip. It was a horrid sight for everyone to witness. District 1 whippings were rare occurances that happened maybe once every few years.

I sat in the back of the room quietly while Jackson went over the paper work. My mind wandered to the near future and for the first time I was curious as to what our children would look like. I hoped they looked like their father he was handsome there was no denying it. Jackson had good genes.

Suddenly my mind wandered to Tierney I wondered where she was? Was she dead or alive? Was Finnick torturing her or using her as an Avox to serve his every need? I ached to have her in my arms to hold her and tell her everything would be okay.

Before I realized it Jackson was done and it was well past 5 that meant dinner but before hand a new outfit. Just as I thought Cinna walked in holding some garmet bags that I knew held our dinner outfits. I was anxious to get dressed and eat so we could leave back to the train but everyone knew the women of the Capitol followed suit after their husbands. I had to wait for his lead.

When Jackson joined my side he held out his hand and took mine in his before he kissed it and brought me to my feet.

"My beautiful fiance" He said as he brought his lips to mine. He wrapped his arm around my waist and led me from the room. "How about we get dressed for dinner." He said before the door could close.

Since we were soon to be husband and wife being dressed infront of one another wasn't a problem. Cinna dressed me down into a gold evening gown and dressed Jackson into a matching suit as well. After a long formal dinner we made the same trip back to the train station.

We would be arriving to District 2 tomorrow around 4. A goodnights rest was what I wanted. After I had gotten undressed from my evening gown and took a nice hot shower I slipped into my silk pajama's and climbed into the right side of the bed.

I laid there watching the sun go down and the sky turn dark. Around five after 9 Jackson walked in and dressed down into some pajama pants with no shirt. He then stared at the bed before he climbed in on the left side. Before he went to bed he placed a body pillow between us.

"Jackson?" I whispered, turning over to face him.

"What's wrong?" He asked me as he turned over to look at me.

"Nothing is wrong I am just wondering how you are holding together?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I'm okay just nervous about the future and all. One wrong move and the people we love could be dead." He stared at the ceiling for the longest time before he looked at me. "I want to give this all my effort. Maybe we can grow to truly love one another for real."

I looked at him and realized how serious he was being. He really wanted to put everything on the table. For us to truly grow to love one another. I closed my eyes briefly and a vision swam forward to the front of my mind. The two of us holding hands and kissing but not to keep up appearances. We truly loved one another. I wanted that, I wanted us to be like my mother and father.

"I want to give you my heart." I replied. "I trust you and I know we can make this work."

Jackson moved closer to me and slowly brought his lips to mine. This kiss was different it was honest and it was pure. I could get used to this.