1

This was one of those mornings when I laid in bed for extra ten minutes contemplating if going to work was really that important. I love art. I always have, and I love teaching art. Especially to young people and seeing there potential. I teach a high school art class but sometimes those kids can be a bit to much. They are required to take one creative class. Such as: music, art or woodshop. So most of them are only there because they have to. Along with teaching I occasionally sell paintings to collectors and galleries.

I love the piece that painting gives me. I love how you can start of with a blank canvas and create something beautiful. Unfortunately I can't always be painting. Apparently it's important to socialize. I don't see the appeal. Sure my friends are fine. We've known each other since high school. When all we had to worry about was partying and how we were going to save money for our next tattoos. I'm meeting them later today. Finally after twenty more minutes of lying in bed my alarm goes off, signaling that it's time to get ready.

***

Today was a tiring day. More students wasting paint and carving inappropriate words into the school's desks. On my way home from work I stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few beers and some snacks. My friends Mark and Ian were coming over to watch the game.

***

After they left I spent the rest of the night painting. I have been feeling a little uninspired lately, which is unusual for me because I always have some ideas in my head that I want to get out. This is my life, work, art, smoking weed and drinking beer with my friends as we watch a game, my family that doesn't talk to me, and the occasional girl that I meat some nights but are gone in the morning.

A/N don't forget to leave a vote or a comment :)