The Day I Found Out The Truth About Matt

Hi, Diary!

You probably remember how yesterday I said that I had heard Matt had moved from WCD? Well today I found out the truth about that rumour. I found out accidentally, as I was in a cubicle in the girls toilets frantically trying to brush my hair without a mirror - sorry, I completely forgot about doing it this morning! Outside the cubicle I could hear two voices - Taylor's and Amanda's. Of course, I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I heard everything those two witches were saying.
Here was their conversation:

Taylor: Yeah, Amanda. Have you heard about Matt?

Amanda: Oh, Matt Burns? Didn't you date him?

Taylor: I did - until that dork Brianna Maxwell decided to act like the victim in front of him, where he felt sorry for her and asked her out.

Amanda: Oh yeah, him. What about him?

Taylor: He's moved to Elmwood Academy - I might move there.

Amanda: Oh, don't leave! You're the Queen Bee of the school!

Taylor: I said might!

And then the two girls left the bathroom.

That moment I felt like crying. Matt moved!

Eventually, I couldn't stop myself and I broke into a flood of tears. I spent the whole of geography in that cubicle, crying!

Soon enough I consoled myself and went out of the girls bathroom. Ally and Cat were waiting for me outside the door! It's as if they knew!

"You okay, Bri? You missed all of geography! Miss Wilson was furious - you have a detention on Friday. What was wrong? Was it Taylor again?" Ally asked. "Yeah, it was," I replied, sniffing. "Don't let her get you down, girl!" Cat said, smiling. We group hugged. I am SO lucky to have Ally and Cat for my friends!