Intoxicated (part 1)

He stumbled through our door, and flopped down onto the couch, a stain from tears on his cheeks.

Clearly, he was drinking again, drinking away his feelings. I sighed and brought the last of my hot chocolate, some water, and some pain medication for the headache he was bound to have. "You okay?" I ask, while pulling my sleeve over my hand so I could wipe away the old tears. He looks to the ground.

I understood how tough it must have been for him to move to the U.S. instead of stay in England or travel the world, just to be with Tina, and it got to him often.

"Here," I hand him the water and pills. I sit myself next to him, allowing him to rest his head against my arm if he needed too.

"I really appreciate everything you've done, allowing me to move with you and your sisters. You have been the kindest, most help for integrating me into life with you three, but sometimes, sometimes I wish I'd kept traveling."

"Then why don't you?" I sip my hot chocolate, lifting up the cup indicating I was asking if he wanted some. He shook his head no, then answered my question.

"Tina." I sighed. I understood him, very well.

"She can be demanding but she means well--" he cut me of, which is unlike him even when he has drunk too much.

"That's just it!" He rose his voice, another rare thing for him to do, "She wants everything to be perfect, but perfect for her and no one else--" it was my turn to cut him off.

"Hush!" I put hand over his mouth, "She and Queenie are sleep, now if you want them to hear you, keep yelling. Follow me, I know a place where you can continue your rant without having to be awkwardly interrupted." I set my drink down, then took his hand so he and I could leave.

I quickly apparated us onto the empty streets of New York, and walked down an alleyway. "You know," Newt starts, "Queenie can read minds, what can you or Tina do?"

"I'm a seer, I can see the future in my dreams or times of extreme stress. When Credence snapped, I saw all of us, fine and well, that's how I stayed calm, I knew we'd be fine. I also studied ahead of my years while at Illvermorny, my teachers wanted to train me so nothing would go wrong when my power surges. Tina and Queen did the same thing, but it was Tina who got us both into it and taught us magic when we were younger and she was starting school. She's a very skilled witch."

"You're the youngest, right?" I nod, "Wow," he exclaims, "well, I think you got the most beauty between you and your sisters." My cheeks flare up and I staggered out a thank you.

"We're here," I open the door to a small botanical garden one of the no-majes built after the obscurus attack. "The man who owns the place leaves the door unlocked often for those who enjoy flowers. He's a very kind man." I lead Newt further into the garden to where some stone benches were so we could sit and finish our talk. "What's wrong with your and Tina's relationship?"

"My god," he starts, "She's so controlling! Everything must go her way or she gets mad!"

"She's always been that way," I laugh.

"God, I'm so sorry," he laughs too. "I honestly don't know why I decided to ask her out, we had no chemistry whatsoever!"

"Why stay with her then?"

"I like being around you," he admits. He smiles, then he realises what he's said and his face flushes to a light shade of pink.

"Really?" I say, shocked.

"Yes. YOu did more than anyone to help me get my beasts back. You're kinder, you're also not an Auro, you understood me immediately and wanted to help me."

"When I was at school, I would wander and we have a forest, similar to the one surrounding Hogwarts, and there I met a unicorn. From then on I had been fascinated with beasts and wished to work with them. However, Tina wanted me to follow in her and Queenie's footsteps and made me become an Unspeakable. My way of helping creatures was helping you."

"You really are everything..." He stared into my eyes with the warmest smile placed on his lips. Before I knew it, his lips crashed onto mine and he kissed me, something I wished would happen since the day we met. "God, I've wanted to do that for a while now," he says.