The First Impression is the Most Important (Pilot Chapter)

Start from the beginning

"Hoekk"

I sighed as I heard the man emptied his stomach to the toilet. Poor man. I looked around for the sign of a kitchen to get him a glass of water and aspirin.

I myself was never fond of dealing with the morning hangover.

🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳🐱

We sat facing each other with a coffee table in between. I sipped on my coffee while waiting for the man in front of me to finish drying his hair. The man looked presentable now after taking a bath. And I had to admit that the man was quite handsome after he's cleanly shaven.

"Um..." the man started, "I guess I haven't introduced myself. My name's Huang Jingyu."

"Huang? Huang Jingyu?" I tried to spell his name which surprisingly felt nice in my tongue. I took his outstretched hand in a firm handshake. "My name's Xu Weizhou."

"Xu Weizhou, huh?"

There's something about the way Jingyu talk which I strangely reckoned quite gangster-ish.

"Yes, not Xu Lu."

"Don't say her name in front of me!" Huang Jingyu snapped at the mention of the name. He then rubbed the bridge of the nose as if he's regretting what he just did. "Ugh, sorry I... Imagine that I wasn't shouting at you just now."

I shrugged. "No matter. Is she your ex-girlfriend now?"

"I wished I never date her," Huang Jingyu said darkly.

"Ok." I didn't ask anymore. Anyway, I didn't like to nose other people's private life.

"Look, Weizhou, I-"

"It's Zhouzhou," I interrupted. "All people called me with that nickname."

Huang Jingyu was dumbfounded, but then continued his sentences. "Okay, Zhou...zhou... I understand that you might not want to share a flat with me, especially after seeing how awful I am this morning. But I swear I'm not always that messed up! It's just that the recent occurrences have made me... Forget it. Anyway, I've given you a bad impression today. But I just hope that you'd like to think again to take me as a flatmate."

I almost bursted into laugh when Huang Jingyu gave me a puppy eyes. Where's the gangster man going a moment ago?

"To think that it's supposed to be me who would be judged by you whether you wanted to take me as flatmate or not," I said sarcastically. "Aiya, it's fine, Huang Jingyu. I'd take you as flatmate anyway."

Huang Jingyu grinned brightly, showing his cute tiger teeth. God, did I just aww-ing inside my heart? The man was so cute!!

"Thank you, Zhouzhou!"

I didn't notice the man has leaped over his coffee table until I felt a weight right over my chest. The pleasant mixed smell of the man's shampoo, shower gel and aftershave wafting through my nose.

"Go, go, go!" I pushed him, pretending to be angry to cover up my reddening face. "Don't make me to think twice."

"Please don't," Huang Jingyu pleaded while smiling at me.

I looked around to avoid having to stare back at that big fool. Wait, I already have a nickname for him?

"You still have some boxes unopened around. You haven't finished decorating the flat?"

"Well, yeah, I was thinking to do that later after my flatmate arrived." Huang Jingyu answered while rubbing the back of his neck.

I nodded. "Then I still have some shopping to do because I just brought my clothes and guitar here."

"You're seriously only bringing those things?" Jingyu pointed at my suitcase and guitar case by the entrance way. "Then we should buy a new bed because I only have a single bed here."

Yeah, we, obviously, smartpants...

"It's me who should buy myself a new bed," I corrected him. "And if it hasn't arrived today then can I take the couch for tonight?"

Huang Jingyu stood up and approached me. "No, you take my bed. You tall kid, you'll get a cramp if you sleep on the couch."

"But what about you?" I protested. Are we seriously already have our very first argument here?

Huang Jingyu pulled a naughty smirk. "Cute. You care about me already."

I fumed. This Huang Jingyu is really something else.

"Hahahaha," Huang Jingyu laughed at my flushed face. "I like you already, Zhouzhou. And no worries, I have a night shift today so you can occupy the bed. I'm just afraid I couldn't send you to sleep."

I kicked at his shin in further embarrassment. He immediately bulked down and groaned in the pain. I even didn't use that much energy. Such a princess!

"Seeing you this high gave me off an impression that you didn't just broke up."

Huang Jingyu laughs it away. "That's because you're so interesting." He then examined his ripped jeans to find a shoe mark there.

"Heh, you dirtied my jeans." No annoyance nor angriness in his tone, just a plain complaint.

"You blame me? Blame my shoes instead."

"Done," Jingyu finished brushing off the not-so-visible-dirt. "This argument has made me hungry, and I suddenly crave for Huang Meng Ji. There's a good one down the street. You coming, Zhou?"

I realized that I'm hungry as well. So, without any protests, I immediately agreed.

"Sure."

This was just the beginning of the daily life between me and Huang Jingyu.
__________________________

Hi, I'm coming with a new fic 😊 What do you think, guys? Should I continue?