The First Impression is the Most Important (Pilot Chapter)

Hi, my name is Xu Wei Zhou, but my family and friends prefer to call me Zhouzhou. I'm a third year university student in Beijing Theatre Academy. This year, I decided to move out from the dormitory to a flat 10 minutes away from the uni. The reason was, well, I wanted to get my freedom from the dormitory's tight curfew (and any other restrictive rules, really, such as... I always want to keep a cat, which the dorm's rule never allow). Another reason would be... how did I put it on my last phone call with my mom? Oh yes, to mingle with the society. To get a wider social circle rather than just the uni students.

So now I've found myself standing in front of the soon-to-be-my-flat's door, ready to move in with a big suitcase next to me and a guitar on my back.

The thing was, the flat had already had a tenant. That's what preventing me to walk in immediately although I already had the copy of the key. From the owner of the building, Mrs. Chai, I had been told that one of her tenants who was just recently moved in was looking for a flatmate to share the rent together, and she asked me if I was interested. She told me that the man (er... I forgot his name, something similar to a Whale) is a darling, almost the same age as me, so no need for me to worry. The man used to be busy day and night though, that's why I hadn't had the chance to meet him until now.

Curious if the host was at home or not, I braved myself to knock at the door. It's Sunday morning, so he was supposed to be at home, right?

After I knocked for the second time, I heard a hoarse voice coming from inside. From the tone of it, it seemed that I had woken up a very angry bear.

"Who is it?"

I gulped. Was he really the darling Mrs. Chai had told me about?

"I- I'm your flatmate. I come to move here today."

I didn't know why I was cold sweating when I heard the rustling of the door key being opened. I had the feeling to flee from the spot and coming back another day (or never).

The door was partly opened. From the space and the poor lighting from the inside, it only allowed me to see a glimpse of a messy looking man with a grumpy face staring back at me. I had the instinct to step back while I plastered a sheepish smile on my face.

"H-hi, I'm Xu Weizhou. I supposed to move to 226b today. Mrs. Chai told me that you need a roommate... heheh... h-has she told you about me?"

The man's eyes seemed unfocused when he gave me a reply.

"Xu- Xu Lu? What are you doing here? We've broken up already. Get fucking out of my face instantly!"

After he shouted that, he collapsed to the floor. This had gave me an utter shock.

Fuck, the man was drunk! And he's just collapsing in front of the door! And who the hell was Xu Lu?

Ignoring the fact that my future flatmate was a potential drunker, I came to help him get up from the floor. I just felt responsible not to neglect him in such state. I tried to lift his body but man, he's really heavy.

The man was half-conscious when I successfully struggled to get him on his sofa.

"I'm- I'm about to-"

"What?"

With a strong force, he pushed me out of his way and stumbled to the direction of his bathroom.