Chapter 3: Making New Friends

And I was engulfed by darkness, completely....

---------------------------------------------------------
  Darkness started to fade away, as I slowly regained consciousness. It was still blurry though, so didn't able to make out where I was. It was a house like something didn't knew, but it was clear that it wasn't my house. It was already evening because I could able to see it was a little dark outside of the room. The pale light of the electric light inside the room was blinding my eyes, so I closed my eyes for a second to adjust my vision in the light. When my vision got cleared, I understood that it was someone's apartment, and someone else was there, laying his head down on the bed, he was sitting on the floor. I didn't able to recognise him at all, because he didn't left any clue for me to guess. His head was down so I couldn't able to see his face. I tried to think what the last things happened, before passing out.

  'Hmm, let's see.... I walked out of the school, wanted to buy a medicine for my sickness, but then I got kicked by Maria and she tried to kill me.... She started to throw her knife towards my chest, then someone.... Wait! Who was that 'someone'? He was.... He was... Yeah he was Prince Noctis....... Wait wait wait, hold on! What did I say?! It was Prince Noctis?! Then.... Then the guy who is laying here, is definitely....!' thinking all this, I mentally screamed for which concequence I put myself into. 'Damn, what kind of soldier am I? I suppose to protect him someday, and I am ended up taking his protection? Damn it, curse me!' I was busy to mentally kicking and yelling and slaping myself, when I heard a little and soft groan. I really didn't dare to watch him, but I had no choice, I had to go through this. When I slowly moved my eyes to see him, I acidentally was met with his crystal blue eyes, which were being rubbed by the sleepy prince, indicating he had fallen asleep a long time ago. I got to say now though, at that time watching him rubbing his eyes, it is..... Damn what am I thinking?

  When I understood that I was in a awkward situation, watching him like this, I quickly looked away. But still, prince's soft and slowly 'hey' made me to look at him again. He took a sit beside my bed and asked softly, "How are you feeling now?" I took a deep breath and said slowly, "A little better now. Thank you, though I didn't mean to bother you...."

  "No, you weren't bothering me, don't worry about that."

  After that, a little silence roamed between us. Neither did I, nor did he, tried to break the silence. Minutes, which felt like hours, passed in silence, when he decided to break it. He said slowly, almost like a whisper, but it did reach to my ear. "I am sorry...." He said, looking at the bed. I was confused to hear that. 'The Lucian Prince, saying sorry to me? What for?' I thought to self, didn't able to know when I asked him "Why...?" He then looked at me. The look on his face was.... Pure sadness. His cobalt blue eyes were wavering. "Sorry, for not able to reach in time to stop them...." I smiled a little and shook my head slowly, "It's okay your highness, you did saved my life there, that's all matters to me." He then smiled softly, saying, "Please don't use such formalities, call me Noct. And may I know what your name is?"

  "Yeah sure, it's Cathleen Ashworth, but you can call me Cat."

  "Cathleen... Such a beautiful name. It's nice to meet with you, Cat."

  "It's nice to meet you too, your- I mean Noct."

  At that time, I slightly tried to move, but my body started to hurt like hell. I gritted my teeth hard, trying not scream, guess he noticed my painful expression. "Hey, don't move, try to stay still. It will heart a lot, but it will be okay." I still didn't hear him and I tried to sit up on the bed. I somehow managed to sit up though but the result for forcing myself up was..... Infinite pain! Noct hurridely hold my shoulder to support me and said with a panicked voice, "Why did you sit up? You should lay down now."