The Listening

Hye! I am back with a Valentine Fic. I hope you like it. Domo.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the Prince of Tennis and never will.

The Listening

Summary: She was not good at words so she messed everything up.

'Can I let the trees do the talking 
Can I let the ground do the walking 
Can I let the sky fill what's missing 
Can I let my mouth do the listening...'

~ The Listening - Lights ~

My hands were sweating. Not literally. The red small box was hiding between my fingers.

My eyes were moving randomly.

My feet were pacing with any sense of directions.

People would spend this day special. Who wouldn't. Today was Valentines day. The day where people expressed their feelings to their loved ones. They said that no gift could replace your feelings with equal value. It might be expensive, cheap or handmade. It didn't matter.

It was the thoughts mattered.

Students from Seishun Academy weren't any different. We weren't into fancy gifts or something so we would satisfied by just making chocolate.

Mostly students would make chocolate for the ones they cared about.

That was where I was, standing in front of the school gate. Checking the students entering the premises, hoping that he would appear any time.

I went to school early on this day, hoping that I could catch him before the others. This day was my only chance of expressing my feelings to him. For all these years, I always failed to tell him.

It was silly but we were already in the final year of junior high but, I still had not confessed my feelings to Echizen Ryoma-kun.

I never had the guts ever since. People addressed me as a shy, clumsy girl. No sense of directions. Guess what, I still was.

With a little persuasion of my best friend, Tomo-chan, I finally mustered enough courage to tell him today.

Ryoma-kun changed a bit. There were times that he would speak to me. He even spent some time with me afterschool practice. I even had some fond memories with him. He had lots of admirers knowing how popular he was but he would only keep his eyes on me. And everytime he did that, my heart started to pound loudly inside my chest.

My thoughts were cut when I heard Momo-chan-senpai's giddy voice. He was riding his bike. My eyes widened when I spotted who was riding at his back.

It was Ryoma-kun frowning down at senpai.

I gripped my hands tight where the box was hiding from my back. Of all the Valentines days that passed, this Valentines day was the only honmei chocolate I'd give to him. My heart sped up once again that I could hear them through my ears. My breath also shortened as I saw them nearing from where I was standing.

Then I locked eyes with his amber eyes.

"Ohayou, Ryuzaki-chan!" Momo-chan-senpai greeted me but my eyes were still glued to Ryoma-kun, "Hey, are you alright?"

I gulped as I silently nodded. My thoughts started to run away from me now. I couldn't think clear. I couldn't think straight.

"Oi, Ryuzaki!"

I blinked twice. My face felt hot when I realized what I was doing. Ryoma-kun was staring at me, curiosity was visible to his eyes.

"What are you doing here outside?"