Chapter 2: Deadline Approaches

Start from the beginning

Angels pov

Finally! I thought my first day of training, I wonder who my mentor will be... my excitement brought a smile to my face, and a faint bounce to my step. Oh, did I mention that I had just woken up? My happiness made my beautiful pure white wings flutter and lift me a few inches off the ground. I laughed, and flew over to my walk in closet. In the end I settled on a lilac and white tank top and white spandex shorts with a purple waistband. Then I inspected the back wall in my closet, which was covered in every style of shoe a girl could want. I grabbed my lilac high tops. And quickly put my hair in a fishtail braid. Before walking through the castle, and through the doors to the training room. Okay, maybe I lied before. There were actually multiple training rooms -each one was styled for a different type of training. The main training room (that I was in) was an obstacle course. And since angels were very strong, everything was 100× harder than for humans. I had used the training room on my own, but I needed an actual trainer to teach me to fight.

My trainer wasn't here yet, so I decided to use the obstacle course while I waited. The obstacle course was basically you just going as fast as you can for as long as you can, through difficult terrain. What I mean is one minute your running over a field and the next you are about to jump over the mouth of a volcano (it has happened to me once, I dont recommend it). I ran on the obstacle course until about noon, and finally the trainer showed up!

The trainer was a women. 5'3 and looked to be about 30 years old. She had red hair with gold highlights that was tied into a high ponytail. She had sea green eyes and a small smile. She was wearing a rose pink tank top, white leggings, and rose pink combat boots. She scanned her eyes around the room until she locked eyes with me and practicality bounced across the room to me. In the back of my mind I thought wow, does this girl run on happy juice? But this was my usual reaction when I saw Grace, her happiness was contagious.

I reached out to shake her hand and introduce myself, it was the custom in heaven. "Hi, I'm-" but my introduction was cut off when she grabbed my hand and flipped me over her head. What the... but then I realized what was happening. So, I used my wings to glide through the air. "Why did you do that?!" I yelled as I hovered, a few inches over the floor. "I could have landed on my face!"

I wanted to test your reaction under unexpected circumstances." Grace said, as she leaned against the training room wall. Yeah, right. I thought, I bet she just wanted to flip me over her head! I swiftly lowered my self to the ground, thank God that I had at least learned how to fly. Grace continued, "Well, now I know that you have decent enough reflexes. So lets start with one on one, once you get the basics, we can join the large group." She started to walk to the combat room. I was left with no choice but to follow.

The first thing that I did once we were inside the combat room, was to inspect it. It was my first time inside. It was a very plain area, but very large. In the center was a large group of angels, who were attacking eachother. Small groups doing one on one, were off to the side. Grace led me towards the smaller groups. When the other angels saw me, everyone stopped and started to whisper. I caught a few murmurs such as, "I hope she is my mate" or "shes hot". I rolled my eyes, their comments both amused and irritated me.

We eventually stopped at a secluded area in the training room. The other groups stopped staring and returned to what they had previously been doing. "Okay," Grace said as she turned to look at me. "Do you know anything about combat?" I answered her vaguely embarrassed, "no, my father never allowed me to learn."

Grace sighed, "well in yhat case we will start with the basics. I will attack you, and you will defend yourself as best you can. After we will discuss your weaknesses and strengths. And improve your skills." I hardly had time to nod before Grace sent a kick at my face. I barely managed to dodge the kick, and felt her foot stir the air beside my head. While she was undefended I tryed to punch her, but she grabbed my hand and twisted it behind my back. I was trapped. She released my arm and stepped back.

Grace nodded, seeming pleased. "Good, you recovered quickly." She said, "Do you know what you did wrong?"

"I think that I should have waited until you were more offensive." I guessed. She agreed, then gave me more tips. The rest of training continued like that, I started to improve. After an hour of hand to hand combat I was finally able to pin Grace to the ground, but she somehow got one of her hands free, and pushed me to the floor. "How did you do that?" I asked, faintly irritated. I almost won!

"Well, being a gaurdian helps."She laughed at the shocked expression on my face. "Anyway, I think that you have the basics for one on one." Grace decided. "You did good enough for a first timer. Now you can ether go and get cleaned up, or go do some group fighting." I didn't get a chance to decide, a group of boys had apparently been listening to Grace and I. They immediately came up to me and one of them -Bruce I think- asked me to join group combat. So I went with them to the large group in the middle of the room.

Lets just say that I kicked a** on the first five people. But my winning streak ended when I was attacked by three boys at once, and they managed to pin me to the floor (they were a bit too happy about my position for my liking). "Ummm, do you mind getting off me?" I asked the guy who was pinning me.

"Oh, right." He said and got to his feet, pulling me up with him. When I got my balance back, I realized that we were only centimeters apart. "Umm, thanks." I muttered uncomfortably, not meeting his eyes. He still hadn't let go of my hand. So I looked up and my eyes widened when I saw that his face was so close to mine, that our noses were almost touching. He started to lean in and....

I calmly put my hands on his chest and pushed him away. His eyes flashed with anger, "watch your back, daughter of the archangel, because you will be mine." He threatened me. He stalked off, and I glared at his shrinking back, as he left me alone in the room.

A/N: So what do you think? Will Bruce be a problem? Or was it just an empty threat? Wait and see!