If You're Thinking of Leaving, You Should.

Start from the beginning

"Gracias."
_
(Emory's POV)

The crew was so vivid and dull without Agnes here! She had brought the humor and conversation into the voyage! Now with her gone, none of this is what I expected, what I wanted.

"Mr. Gibbs! Where's Scrum?! He's supposed ta be helpin' me tighten the rope!"

"Scrum's helping the others over there. They have been havin' malfunctions all morning!"

"Right. What's that smell?"

"Our new cook burnt dinner," Gibbs growled, frustrated.

"Right. Best be getting back to work, then."

The only thing that was on my mind was this wouldn't be happening if Agnes was still here. It's truly amazing how only one crew mate leaving can affect the whole order of things. But Agnes was a hard worker. She was better than me and everybody else on this ship combined!

"Eat up, Mr. Sackleson." Gibbs shrugged, passing me a plate of food.

It was horrendous! Black in color and chalky in taste! Guess I couldn't be too picky, not everyone had as much experience as Agnes.

"Agnes was mighty good at cookin'. Sackleson, was she a cook at the pub you two worked at?"

"No. It wasn't her job, but, there were a few instances were she had to take over in the kitchen. She's naturally good at everything she tries," I smiled.

She was incredible. She could try something without knowing anything about it beforehand and still do excellent. I was only beginning to realize that those were the best kind of crew mates, the kind every ship needed. I got back to work, but, it wasn't the same. All these years that I've wanted to escape, I never realized I still need Agnes with me. I should've left this ship, no matter what she told me.
_
(Agnes' POV)

I was finding it exceptionally hard to move around in Port Royal. I must've heard at least five times someone whisper "pirate". Stereotypical, but true. Maybe I wasn't a pirate, though! If I was given the circumstance, maybe I wouldn't want to be a pirate.

My necklace changed once more, signaling me my mom had left Tortuga.

"Great. Leave me alone, mom." I muttered to myself.

"Hey! Madam! What are you doing here!" A barber yelled at me.

"Me? I-I'm just looking! Traveling around..."

"Yeah? Well we don't like the presence of pirates around here." He stammered in his thick English accent.

"Understood! I'm not here to stay."

"Good. If I see ya again, I'm reporting ya!"

I just rolled my eyes and moved on. It had gotten terribly late and I still had no food, no money, and no place to sleep. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I waked my way around the lantern lit market, where many people were still residing. As one fellow was off guard with a customer, I saw my chance and I took it. I snatched a banana and ran for my life.

"GUARDS! THEIF!"

I saw the redcoats with their sharp bayonets and their flintlock muskets. All I had was a shotgun and a knife! I ran underneath a bridge, so dark that nobody would be able to tell I was there. Unless of course, they actually went under with a torch or lantern. And sadly, that's just one of the options they explored.

"You have the right to remain silent. You have disobeyed and revolted against our laws, therefore, you will spend the next year of your life in jail."