Chapter 1: Beginnings

Chapter 1

The newly appointed Admiral and Commander were overlooking the construction of the Navy's newest battleship, the USS Phenom. It was set to be the fastest, most powerful battleship ever to be built. It had 20-inch guns that could fire over 20 statute miles, and had a top speed of 45 knots.

"Progress seems to be going well," Elizabeth, the new Commander said.

"Yes, the shipbuilders informed me it'll be done in six months to a year," Daniel, the new Admiral said.

Daniel then left to board his current battleship, the USS Legend Killer, which would be replaced by the USS Phenom due to old age. Just as he stepped onto the main deck, he was confronted by a Seal.

"Welcome Admiral. Good to see you again."

"Thank you. It's good to be back with the old girl," Daniel replied.

He then went to the bridge, and took the helm and sailed her out into the bay.

"Any reason why we're going out into open water sir?" a Seal asked.

"Just want to take her out before she's retired," Daniel answered.

They stayed out at sea for a week, after which they sailed back to port and docked. Daniel then went back to the shipyard to once again check the progress of the Phenom.

"Sir! I've gathered information that the Phenom should be finished ahead of schedule," a Seal told him.

"Good. That's very good news," Daniel replied.

He then left to return to his house. When he got there, he found it had been completely burglarized. He decided to leave, since there was nothing he could do there. He drove back to the dockyard, where his ship was docked. Once onboard, a Seal ran up and yelled, "Sir! Australia has reported that they've been bombed!".

"By who?" Daniel asked.

"They don't know sir," the Seal answered.

"Well, might as well get going. Set course for Australia. They'll need help from someone," Daniel said.