Chapter 3

The alarms were ringing. They had arrived.

 Older wolves ran through the hallways, herding everyone to the basement- the safest place in the castle- so that they would be out of the way of harm. Heather, however, was pushing against the flow of the crowd, trying desperately to find her parents.

 She ran out into the courtyard to see the retreating behinds of a pack of wolves. Heather breathed a sigh of relief to find out the rogues had left, but she froze as her eyes set upon the bodies near the gate.

 Her parents.

 Both of them.

 Torn brutally apart.

 Heather sat up in bed, gasping for air, tears streaming down her face. She had just relived the murder of her parents and even though it had happened ten years

ago, the memory was fresh in her brain. It made her feel lonely and depressed all over again.

 Her train of thoughts was interrupted by her best friend knocking- scratch that- banging on her bedroom door. "Heather, you better be up, 'cause I am hungry!" Holly's voice came through the door.

 "Calm down, I'm up," Heather replied, wriggling her toes in her fluffy slippers while going to open the curtains, allowing the sunlight to come in through the window.

 Suddenly, her best friend Holly just barged into the room, nearly breaking the door in the process, her blonde hair whipping her face.

 "Do you even know what time it is?" she demanded, shoving her iPhone 7 in Heather's face.

 "Shit!"

~~~~~

 The day had passed in a blur. Heather gave a sigh of relief as  her building came into sight and she pulled her white Dodge Charger into the basement parking lot.

 She got into the elevator and rode up to her apartment that was on the tenth floor

 She got into the elevator and rode up to her apartment that was on the tenth floor. Upon getting there, she found the door slightly open, which made her suspicious for Holly wasn't one to for carelessness. Proceeding with caution, she used her enhanced werewolf hearing to check if anyone was there inside. Turns out she didn't need to; there seemed to be a yelling match going on between Holly and someone probably on the phone.

 "I want a pineapple pizza with Nutella, and you can't stop me!" Holly yelled into the phone before ending the call and throwing her phone carelessly on the couch.

 Heather chuckled. "What happened?"

 "The dumbass said he can't give me Nutella with pineapple on pizza. I want Nutella with pineapple on pizza!"

 "Why do you even want Nutella with pineapple on pizza?!"

 "Because I do!"

 Heather shook her head. "You are going to eat the whole thing. Kapiish?"

 "Kapiish.

 "By the way, I ordered pepperoni with cheese for you."

 "Thanks," Heather called over her shoulder, making her way to her room. She went out once again after changing her clothes to see Holly opening the door.

 "Did you get me my Nutella with pineapple on pizza?" she asked the delivery boy, eyeing him suspiciously.

 "Um, I guess?" he nervously replied.

 She gave him one more suspicious glare before giving him the money.

 "Keep the change, you filthy animal!" she yelled the line from 'Home Alone', bashing the door in the poor boy's face.

 "Okay, what's wrong?" Heather asked. "You aren't normally this rude to innocent pizza delivery guys."

 Holly sighed. "Yeah, I know. I'm just taking out my frustration on anything and anyone."

 "What happened?" Heather asked.

 "Apparently, a boy was attacked and nobody cared to tell me till today."

 "Attacked? What do you mean? By whom?"

 Holly looked her in the eye and said, "By a werewolf."