Chapter 3

A.N: hey guys, I just need to explain something before you get into this chapter. In Ireland, at lunch, there is a cafeteria (or canteen) but most people don't sit there during lunch. There are benches scattered around the school and that's usually where people sit at lunch. Ok, that's it, enjoy!

*********************************
*one week later*

I completed my morning routine with ten minutes to spare so I actually sat down with my family for breakfast. I listened to my dad rattle on about politics and my my mom gush about this "super food" she saw online. Jack had stayed the night at Melissa's house- which mom wasn't impressed with, so he was probably trying to sneak away as we were eating.

I arrived at the school and headed to the music room as usual. I immediately settled down in front of the piano and started playing, I was in a world of my own when I heard a voice from behind me.

"Hey, sorry I'm lost, could you tell me wher-"
He stopped talking when I turned around and we recognised eachother, it was Grayson.

"Oh, Niamh even better, someone I know, I'm lost."

"So I gathered," I said, happy for a distraction "where'd you need to go?"

"Well Mr. Dunne asked me to meet him in B1 before school started, but I somehow ended up here, what room even is this?"

"F11," I replied, smiling slightly.

This was the first time I'd talked to him without Ethan being there to fill the silence, so to say the least I was nervous.

"I was just finished here anyway so I'll show you the way."

He breathed a sigh of relief,
"Great, thanks."

I gathered my stuff into my bag, quickly sliding my notes into a folder and turned back to him,
"Let's go, it's not too far."

As we walked down the deserted halls, I noticed Grayson looking at me.

"What?" I questioned, suddenly self conscious.

"I was just thinking."

"About?"

"I heard you playing as I walked towards that room you were in, you are really good at piano."

I blushed fiercely,
"Thanks, you're sweet, I have an exam coming up soon so I've been practicing way more than usual."

"It sounded perfect to me." He encouraged.

I smiled up at him, he was a few inches taller than me and I found myself imagining how perfectly my head would fit on his shoulder. I snapped back into reality,
"It's not but I'm getting there."

"I've always wanted to play piano." He said wistfully.

"You should get lessons."

At that, his eyes lit up, he turned to me,
"Could you give me lessons?"

I felt my eyes widen at that,
"Oh I don't know I-"

I was interrupted by the sound of someone calling his name,
"Grayson! Hey, Grayson."

I noticed him tense slightly, then he plastered on a smile- noticeably not as warm as the one he'd just given me and said;
"Oh hey Aoife how are you?"

"I'm really good, but even better now that I've bumped into you."

I rolled my eyes behind her back but stopped immediately when I saw Grayson looking at me, I realised then, that he was holding in a laugh. My heart jumped- he didn't like Aoife, everyone liked Aoife, hell even I liked her a bit, she was just that kind of person.