"I see." I could hear the smile in Lauren's voice, "I've decided to start looking for a dress."

Groaning I covered my eyes with my hand, trying to ease the frustration I felt with Laurel bringing up marriage again. I couldn't let myself fantasize about that yet, it would crush me if Evan wasn't on the same page as me. I couldn't let Laurel plant that idea in my head, I needed to let it go.

"Stop it." I told her quietly, "Let us figure things out first, then we'll talk about marriage."

"Sure." Laurel didn't sound like she listened to me at all, "But just so you know, I think that Evan is thinking marriage too. Why else would he be focusing on fixing things which could potentially become an issue in your future?"

"I don't want to get my hopes up, Laurel." I told her quietly, gripping my phone tighter in my hand, "I'll admit that Evan is definitely not the guy I thought he was. He's amazing and yes I do love him. But he was the kind of guy who didn't do relationships, only casual sex. So I don't want to get in his space and push him, things need to come naturally to us."

"You're right." Laurel agreed, "There is just one more thing I'm going to say and then I'll drop it, okay?"

"Okay."

"Don't you think that he was sleeping around like that because he was searching for something, or better yet someone who made him feel something deeper than lust?"

"Laurel..."

"Just think about that. Gotta go, I'm going all out and eat sushi for lunch."

I laughed, shaking my head at my crazy girl, "Thanks, enjoy your lunch."

"Bye girl, good luck."

Ending the call I rolled back to my desk and placed the phone down beside my laptop again. After that call, I couldn't focus anymore. Laurel's words were floating around in my head, making me wonder about Evan. I knew he was never serious about any of his women, simply because they didn't interest them. Yet he never stopped sleeping around. Was he actually searching for someone who he felt something more than just lust or was it something else? I couldn't help but to think about his past which he told me nothing about, I wondered if the problem was much more complex. I could be wondering about those things all afternoon, but that would only be a waste of time. Instead, I got up went to the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee and powered through my work, getting shit done. It felt good turning my mind off and focus on nothing at all, just working on auto-pilot. I kept repeating to myself to be patient and let things flow naturally. Eventually, we'd get there.

***

It was odd, but I was actually nervous about meeting Priscilla. I knew for a fact that she was everything to Evan. If the girl didn't like me I had a feeling things would become strained between Evan and I. I promised myself to be patient and let things flow naturally, but occasionally my mind did wander to wedding bells and white dresses. Priscilla needed to at least get along with me. I had to keep my thoughts to myself and let Evan figure things out on his own, only being there for him and giving him support when he needed it. Pushing through the door, I closed it behind me and entered the living room. I was greeted by the sight of Evan sitting on the couch with a petite blonde girl at his side, quietly talking to him about the cities she visited. She was dressed smart, looking like she was going to the office and attend some board meetings. Brother and sister glanced at me when they noticed they weren't alone anymore, Evan pushed himself off the couch and stepped to me, pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"You okay?"

I smiled at him, "Yes." My eyes trailed to the blonde girl who was eying me up and down, "Hey, I'm Zoey, nice to finally meet you." I told her, stepping away from my boyfriend to extend my hand to his little sister.