"Look, I know you need money. However, giving Zara the key wouldn't change a thing. The key will kill it's host if the host is too weak. Zara can only rely on money and magicians. She's not a Parelthonian. She's not the rightful heir."

"Stop acting highly about your title. Zara will be the one crowned as the Empress by the next full moon. Your mother had claimed that she will be the righful heir." He shouted as he slammed his cane loudly against the ground.

"Stop calling Clara my mother. It's not like she acts like one. Zara can be anything she wants, but the Key Warrior. Now, Brachard, get your freaking ass out of my palace. Immediately!" I blurted as I clenched my fist in anger.

"He's my guest for today Lydia!" a voice shouted. The young lady was dressed up in gold, a proper theme for a royalty. I, on the other hand never suited the royals. I have always preferred old rags instead of riches, and armors instead of dresses.

"Then keep your guest for yourself Zara!" I shot back.

I stood silent, holding my stiff expressions to avoid the scowls written all over their faces. I marched straight to the Memory Room, holding off my tears as I locked the door.

"Good morning Lydia. Today, we're going to have your memories erased as part of your request to the King.

"Your Highness, it would be my great honor if you―"

"Oracle, you're doing it again. I'm not writing. Let's get th-rough the whole process before they realize this. I need to keep them safe. Losing my powers, my existence, and my title will keep them safe from Elnicjansamemli."

"Lydia, this isn't your fault. Countless lives have been threatened by the very existence of Elnicjansamemli. Holding the key was the only way to keep them―"

" It kept them in danger for so long. The key wasn't the solution. It protected my people, but it endangered my loved ones." I blurted out. The Oracle stood silent, gulping as she waited for my next response.

"Let's get this over with." My harsh remarks finally brought her into an agreement. Suddenly, the palace alarms blew off. Panic swallowed the entire building. The bell chimed exactly three times, the King wasn't there to protect us this time. I lifted my sword and jumped across the table, landing on my knees.

"She's here, we're too late." I muttered as I peeked through the window. "Oracle, head over to the Everglade room through the secret passage, you'll meet one of my guards by the end of the passageway."

"But, what if―"

" Just go already!" I blurted. The Oracle quickly ran towards the passage door behind the wall, panting as she drew her magic.

A cloaked presence flew into the halls, hustling through the flying drapes. The golden etched glass windows shattered into pieces. Her eerie voice boomed immensely as she announced her arrival.

"Well, what do we have here? Don't tell me you're too coward to face me alone Lydia."

"I'm not afraid of you, without the key of the Pagosdurestelians you're nothing." I shouted.

"That is why, you too, without the key of the Parelthoners are nothing but trash." The presence shot back. Her sly smile resurfaced as she opened her mouth to speak. Her hands slowly crept to the back of her waist as she continued babbling.

"Now dear, don't get grumpy. Just hand over the key!" She suddenly shouted.

"What if I don't want to?" I shot back.

"Hand me over the key, and I will return Rendevel and Raid back to you unharmed." She said in a creepy tone, her facial expressions suggested she was off to something bad, really bad.