7

The summer was pretty much boring, all Dad did was visit Sirius making sure he's ok and safe. I wanted to go to the Quidditch world cup with everyone but I wasn't allowed. That annoyed me cause Dad said we'll do something fun to make up for the fact I can't go but it ended with me being home alone and him with Sirius, luckily I didn't go cause of the attack but still that's not the point. I'm regretting my mission last year of finding him and proving to Dad he's innocent.

Dad even quit his job meaning I won't be able to make up for lost time at Hogwarts, stupid Sirius.

I take a seat in an empty compartment and begin to read my muggle book; Alice in Wonderland planning to finish it by the time I get to Hogwarts.

Hogwarts

I managed it, I completed the book with 10 minutes to spare, it's such a good book I've read it loads over the summer. 

"Well now that we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen" Dumbledore speaks until Filch comes in and interrupts him, he really needs to learn how to run if that's even what he was trying to do.

"So Hogwarts have been chosen to host a legendary event: The Triwizard Tournament. The Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear. If chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say, these contest are not for the faint-hearted. But more of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress Madame Maxime"

A load of girls dressed in blue comes dancing in followed by a giant woman, taller than Hagrid. I didn't know you can get someone taller than him.

"And now our friends from the North. Please greet the proud sons of Drumstrang and their high master, Igor Karkaroff"

Once they are also seated food arrives so I dig into that whilst having to suffer and listen to Ron talk about Krum, he's like a teenage fan girl I swear.

"Your attention please" Dumbledore speaks again during pudding

"I'd like to say a few words. Eternal Glory. That is what awaits the Student who wins the Triwizard Tournament. But to do this the Student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks. For this reason the ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all of this we have the head of the department of international magic cooperation Mr Bartemius Crouch"

Thunder rumbles through the ceiling and someone with a mechanical eye steps out and gets rid of it. 

"That's Alastor Moody" Ron speaks up 

I ignore it and finish eating some of my food. Once everything is over with we all leave going to the common room. Me and Lucy join the Weasley twins in the corner of the room. They're plotting a way to be able to pass the age line, I just know it.

Once I'm in the dormitry I start unpacking my things making my section nice and homely.

"What book is that?" Lucy asks

"Which one?"

"The pink and purple spine"

"Oh that one, Alice in Wonderland. It's a good book" I smile passing it to her

"It looks very strange yet interesting"

"Borrow it if you like"

"Thanks" She smiles and places it with her other reading books. Once I'm all unpacked I look at my reading books and pick up Matilda and begin reading it in bed. Matilda is another favourite of mine, She's basically magic like me. But she lives in America, I wonder what the American Wizarding School is like.