2

I place the daily prophet down and sigh, can't they stop mentioning Sirius? I don't like seeing Dad upset. I finish my breakfast and walk up to the front table, I stand opposite dad and Severus.

"Hello" I smile 

"Stop doing that" Severus smirks 

"Hey little one. How was food?"

"Pancakes wasn't as good as yours and Severus what's wrong with saying hello?"

"You just appear with hello sounding innocent but at the same time like Dobby"

"Did you just compare my daughter to a house elf?"

"What you gonna do about it wolfie?" 

"That's crossing the line say sorry!" 

"Sorry" he mumbles 

"Can't you both just get along? Whatever happened between you both in school put it behind you. You're both older, more grown up, more mature" 

I sigh and place my hand on dad across the table "don't be mad at Black. Yes he did a bad thing but think of all the good times you had together. He was your best friend and I'm sure he has a reason as to why he did what he did" 

"It isn't all rainbows and flowers Gabbi" he sighs pulling his hand away

"Black isn't my friend, I hate him for what he did. I hope they find him and kill him"

He gets up and walks away leaving both me and Severus with stunned faces. "Gabbi I'm sure he doesn't really mean that"

"But he sounded like he did"

"People do bad things where in the end it turns out to be for a good reason"

"So you think Sirius did what he did for a good reason?"

"I don't know, I don't like him so I never know what he's really like"

"Dad said he was one of the kindest friends he had growing up. He helped him with his transformation."

"I'm sure he did, right you got lessons to attend to so off you hop"

I turn around and hop off 3 steps before continuing to walk normally knowing he probably will be rolling his eyes at my back. I enter the classroom and take a seat 2nd row from the front next to Lucy, it's Transfiguration which is such a fun subject. 

Time Skip - Week later

I've completed my first week of Hogwarts and I love it, me and Lucy know practically everything about each other including my little furry problem and as of 5 minutes ago she learned about Sirius Black.

"But he's a bad person"

"No he isn't" I defend quickly as I close my book

"How do you know? You've never met him"

"He wouldn't hand his best friend over, especially after everything James have done for him, I know he's a nice person but I just can't prove it yet"

"And how to you plan on proving it?"

"I haven't thought that far ahead. All I know is I need to prove it so Dad can cheer up, I don't like seeing him sad"

Speaking of Dad I'm going to go and see him so I say bye to Lucy and go off to find Dad. I reach his classroom that's now empty and he's at his desk  

"Hi Dad" I smile

"Hello little one, what are you doing here?"

"Just came to say hello, what's that?" I ask as I point to a closet 

"Oh that's a Boggart"

"A what?"

"Boggart, it takes the form of whatever it is you fear" 

"Oh, what's yours?" 

"How was your first week of Hogwarts?"

"Why are you changing the topic?"

"I'm not"

"You are"

"Mine changes time to time"

"Between?"

"This is a conversation for when you'e in the correct year, now how was your first week at Hogwarts?"

"Fine. It was great" I smile as I begin to tell him all about my week