winter.

When the bell rang, Mark dashed out of the class despite the teacher yelling at him about how she dismissed them, not the bell. But he ignored her words and ran down the stairs and out of the building. Sure he was going to get a lecture about running in the halls and leaving class, but all he could think about was Yiyeon and her mysterious ways.

He still remembered the route to her house from when he walked her home during a light snow fall. In no time, he was panting at her doorsteps. Mark knocked with a heavy heart, hoping that she was still in the household and that he wasn't too late.

But to his dismay, an unfamiliar man opened the door. Mark straightened his posture and cleared his throat. "Do you know where the Yo family went?"

The man shook his head, making the idol's face flatter. "You must be Mark Lee? Their daughter told us to give this to you if you ever came." He held out an envelope with Mark's name neatly printed on it with a black fine liner. He thanked the man and walked down the steps, clutching the note close to him. For another time that day, he ran as fast as he could to the dormitory he was living in.

When he arrived at his temporary home, his three schoolmates weren't thrilled with him. Donghyuck went on and on about how they waited for him outside of the older boy's classroom but after waiting for two hours, the teacher told them that he had already left. It was a routine for them to wait for each other before walking home. Donghyuck's words went from one ear and out the other as Mark shrugged off his jacket and kicked off his shoes in a rush.

"What's that in your hand?" Jisung asked, making Chenle look up from his blank Korean worksheets. Renjun was in the middle of teaching the younger Chinese boy so he was slightly annoyed at Chenle for not doing anything for the past half hour.

Mark's words came out in a jumbled mess, making Chenle ask Renjun what it meant. The others weren't fazed by his behavior as their leader rushed into his bedroom that he shared with the notorious Donghyuck. His damp hands ripped open the envelope and read the last words from Yiyeon he would ever see again.

I only told you what the school was like, not what I was like...

She was like the sun melting away the snow, she slipped through our fingers because we all took her for granted.

+ The prequel has been published, starring Astro's Rocky called Sun.