Moon reached down and plucked Dawn up and onto Panther's broad shoulders, mimicking Panther's brogue accent as she did so, “Th' lass wants ta' see bones breakin' 'n skulls cracked, who are we ta' refuse?”            She still marveled that her honored brave had once been a Colonel working for England. He had left it all behind once he found her, and now many would hardly give him a second glance if not for his clay-colored hair.

            Dawn put on her serious face and gave her parents a mock-frown at their teasing, “Ma 'n pa playin' daft, surely ya' ken I'll be a face basher too one day!” Her sweet, ringing voice made the brogue all the more odd amidst calls and shouts in Cherokee. The child switched back into the beloved tongue of her mother's people without pause, “Perhaps if I see well enough, I will learn from Raven's skill!” Her shining eyes betrayed her love for the young warrior.

            Panther let out a solid laugh, voice deep with amusement, “Oh, you will learn much if you watch the game well, but I think you would learn more if your eyes follow more than your near-brother.”

            On the field, the violence of clashing warriors continued. A half-dozen young braves slammed together with the sound of flesh smacking together, tumbling together in a tangled mess. The ball skittered somewhere beneath the group as they sprawled through an impromptu wrestling match with sticks slapping at those unwary enough to let down their guard. Shouts from across the field asked for bets on how many would be carried away by the women attending the match after the scramble.

            Raven ran up to the fighters on the ground and leaped out over several of them, eying the ball as it slipped through someone's grasp. He tucked into a roll, crashing into one of the other warriors before nabbing the ball and clawing his way toward the edge of the wrestlers.

            Dawn practically jumped with excitement on her father's shoulders, gripping Panther's hair in her fists, “See his jump!”

            Red Panther grimaced a little, detaching the child from her perch as the grip became more painful, “I'll not need to pull any hair out today, thank you child.” Setting her down, they moved closer to the field's edge for a better view.

            As Raven cleared from those that were still fighting on the ground, a member of the opposing team came at him sprinting madly. At the last moment, movement caught his eye and Raven ducked to avoid the swing of one his opponent's sticks. It missed, but then the other young warrior sprang with a tackle that drove them both to the ground. Raven's head snapped back and thudded against the ground as he lost control of the ball.

            Panther turned to New Moon with a smile, “His head will definitely be sore tomorrow...”

            Instead of responding, Moon began running out on the field, “Golden Dawn!”

            Already halfway across the field, the child was headed straight for Raven. The young brave was having trouble standing, obviously woozy from the last hit he'd taken. Dawn's face was contorted with worry, and she yelled as she ran, “Get up! Don't let the women take you off the field!”

            Behind her, New Moon was closing the distance fast, with Red Panther catching up right behind her. However, the braves playing the game hadn't even noticed the young child yet. They were still playing with fierce determination, hardly registering that anything abnormal was going on.

            Suddenly, a warrior slung the ball quickly to pass it down the field right next to Golden Dawn. His stick swung wide after the toss, slapping the young child across the back of her head and sending her plunging to the ground.