Chapter 2: Astral Academy

Start from the beginning

“What happened?” I asked.

“She was bitten by a big red ant.” The twins said very synchronized.

“Whoa, they are synchronized.” Vesper said.

The three upper wizards came for behind. We, students, bowed and said, “Hail the Wizards of Astral!” The wizards came up to the twins. (A/N: Astral is composed of five wizards.)

“Good job on putting a sleeping spell on her, Lucy and Fiere. Now, where is the girl who stopped the objects from falling?” Wizard Roeno asked.

Vesper grabbed my hand and waved it in the air as much as he could. He was very tall for a seven-year-old appearance he was now having.

“Here, Roeno-sama!” Vesper said. (A/N: ‘-Sama’ is added after a name as a sign of respect in Japan.)

Roeno smiled and went to Medea. “Ms, what’s your name?” he asked.

“U-um... M-Medea Frazer.” I stuttered.

“Ms Frazer, you did a magnificent thing. Are you a top student at the Magician’s class?”

“Y-yes, Roeno-sama.”

“Oh, don’t get nervous. I’m just asking you because I want you to be one of the contenders, with them so that you can be an Astral Guardian.” He pointed to Lucy and Fiere.

The twins looked at each other and asked in harmony, “We?!”

“Oh, creepy.”Vesper shuddered. He was intimidated of the twins of how they were exactly orchestrated with each other.

I smiled and bowed at Roeno as a sign of respect. “Thank you Roeno-sama, I’m so happy.” I stated. Kaide-sama, another wizard of Astral, clapped three times, signaling the two that they should leave.

“Oh, it’s time to go.”Roeno-sama said and followed Kaide-sama left the room. The spell caster students clapped their hands.

“Congratulations Lucy and Fiere! And also, Medea!” They said in delight. Lucy and Fiere looked at each other and said in harmony, “Yey!”

Lucy and Fiere Bizet are powerful spell casters, and sometimes called as “Twin Demons” by the villagers back in their town. They are one of the contenders to be an Astral Guardian. They both have shoulder-length dark purple hair and a pair of grey eyes with blue flecks. They both uses Telepathy to communicate to each other.

The differences between them are their accessories, signs on their spell book, and their kind of magic. Fiere has eyeglasses while Lucy doesn’t have one. Lucy hates cakes while Fiere loves them. Fiere is an ‘offense type’ user while Lucy is a ‘defense type’ user. ‘Maltese Cross’ is printed in front of Lucy’s spell book, while ‘Cross of Lorraine’ is printed in front of Fiere’s spell book. When Fiere removes her eyeglasses, she can see the weak points of her opponent, while Lucy can’t.

>End of Medea’s POV<

---At the Wagoners’ Kingdom---

>Ice’s POV<

I’m Ice, a blond-haired vampire with a pair of sky blue eyes in Wagoners’ Kingdom. If you’re wondering, neither I am built nor am I skinny. I’m not a pureblood but I’m the Head of the Vampires for the reason that I have powerful and outstanding skills. I’m searching for my early childhood memories have been skeptically erased.

I’m busy reading an interesting book when suddenly my head throbbed in pain. I closed my eyes, hoped that the pain will go away, and tried to relax a bit. A memory flashed in the back of my mind. There was a cute little girl and calling me ‘Onii-chan’. I opened my eyes and blink at the sudden flashback. “What was that?” I asked myself, trying to find an explanation.