Chapter 2

Grace pulled in her parent's driveway. She loved her parents house, it was filled with so many amazing memories from her childhood. It was a cute little house with grayish siding and white trim all around the outside. Her favorite place was the porch because of all the times her and her mothers sat outside talking for hours.
Grace ran up the little porch steps and let herself into the house, not feeling the need to knock. Grace wanted to surprise her mothers so she stayed silent and tried to figure out where they were in the house. Figuring the kitchen would be the best bet since they were having dinner together. However what she found in the kitchen is definitely not what she expected to see. Maria had Alexis pushed up against the counter and was kissing down her neck.
"OH MY GOD," Grace screeched and covered her eyes.
The two older woman flew apart, "Grace!" Maria squeaked, "I thought you weren't coming until later?!"
Grace with her eyes still covered, "My meeting got out early so I thought I would surprise you!"
Alexis's face was bright red as she fixed her shirt.
"I'm gonna go to bathroom and then when I come back I'm going to pretend like this never happened," Grace walked out mumbling "Dear lord my eyes".
Alexis covered her face with her hands, "That was worse than having your parents catch you."
Maria chuckled, pulling Alexis to her and wrapping her arms around Alexis's waist. "You two are so dramatic. She definitely got that from you," Maria said as she nibbled on Alexis's ear.
Alexis felt a shiver go through her, "Stop it, before she comes back. We've traumatized her enough."
Maria whispered in her ear, "I give the orders if you remember." Maria kissed her neck and walked off just as Grace re-entered the kitchen.
"Mom are you okay?"
"Yeah I'm fine honey," Alexis answered weakly, trying not to think about Maria's lips on her neck.
Maria smirked, "I'm making my famous pasta covered with-"
Grace, "fine cheese sauce," She laughed and rolled her eyes, "You could just say Mac and Cheese like everyone else."

************

"This is really good, Mom."
"It's the one dish your mother can actually cook," Alexis laughed and Maria swatted her with her napkin.
"So honey, how is work going? What was your meeting about?"
"The high school hosts dances every year like semi formal, homecoming, and prom. And the staff usually has two to three people in charge of coordinating everything for the students. No one had volunteered this year I guess and he called the meeting to inspire some of us to do it."
"And who are the lucky individuals in charge this year?"
Grace sighed, "That would me and unfortunately my coworker, Miss Williams."
"Miss Williams? You've never mentioned her before?"
"That's because I prefer to avoid her at all costs even in conversations," Grace grumbled.
Alexis worriedly glanced at Maria, "And why is that?"
"Well the main reason is that the woman has no idea how to treat me with respect. She constantly is making little snide remarks to me about everything I do and if she's not doing that she is glaring at me like she can set me on fire with her eyes. And quite honestly she infuriates me!"
"Is she working on the entire project with you then?"
"Yes, we will be working together throughout the entire school year I believe on the projects. Obviously not every single day but every couple months."
Maria reached over and squeezed her shoulder, "Maybe it won't be as bad as you think. You both are in your late twenties not teenagers."
"I hope you're right, but it is only day one and she has already berated me about something I did." Grace tried unsuccessfully to not roll her eyes. This woman really was maddening.

***********
Maria pulled Grace into a hug as she was getting ready to leave, "I know this lady is really bothering you and I'm always here to talk Gracie."
Grace felt her heart melt a little, "You haven't called me that in forever."
Maria kissed her cheek, "I can call you Gracie bug like I used to if you want."
Grace laughed, "No no I'm okay. Thank you though."
Alexis leaned against Maria as Grace pulled out of the driveway in her green little bug.
"Do you think she will be fine?"
"Oh sweetheart, she's going to be fine. She's not five years old anymore getting bullied on the playground," Alexis kissed Maria's cheek. "I promise she'll be okay. And you said I was the one who made her dramatic."
Alexis squealed as Maria tickled her sides.

**************