"Why are you ignoring me!?" He yells as we walk out of the class.

"Because!" I yell and people look at us "you know what he would do to me." I say quieter. I turn around and head for my locker. Ava stands in front of my locker and smirks when she sees me.

"When I heard the Whore had anorexia, I just had to see!" She chuckles.

"I don't have anorexia." I say opening my locker and stuffing my books in it.

"Are you sure?" She asks with a sad voice.

"Yes, Ava." I answer grabbing my other books. I close my locker and she pushes my books to the ground like a cliche bully stereotype. Everyone laughs and circles around us a little with there phones in their hands, video taping the hysteric anorexic whore and a popular person.

"Oh no!" Ava laughs and so does other people. "Careful!" She yells "don't help her! You'll get one of her, many, diseases!" I balled my hands into fists.

I was just so tired! I was tired of everything happening to me!

I pushed Ava to the ground and punched onto her hitting her with my balled up fists. She kept kicking until she was on top of me. She was crushing me and my ribs so I couldn't breath. She hit my in the nose and pulled at my hair while everybody laughed. I got on top of her and stood up, blood was running everywhere and Ava stood up with a lot of blood on her. She hit me in the gut making me bend over in pain, I hit her in face and she was knocked out.

My breathing was out of control and I felt limp in my legs. I pushed passed people flashing there lights on me like paparazzi's. I kept gasping for air when I got to freedom of the swarm of fishes. I went to the bathroom and cleaned up my face as best as I could. I had a really bad busted lip along with a blood stained nose, cut eyebrow, two bruised eyes, and a possible broken nose.

I walked into the middle of second hour with a limp. I sat down in my regular spot and held onto my gut. People stared at the sight of my horrific face.

"What!?" I yell at the whole class who stop staring.

"Do you want to say something Cara?" The teacher asks me, he looks up from his computer and furrow his eyebrows "the hell happened to you?" He asks concerned.

"Nothing." I say shaking my head. Warmth runs down my nose and I lay it with my finger, blood staining it. I get up and grab a tissue. "Must be the dry air." I say holding the tissue to my nose. I see Grayson look at me in dismay. "I'm just going to keep these." I tell the teacher grabbing the box and limping over to my desk.

~

I held my rib cage as I walked to my locker to get my stuff and leave for the day. I grabbed my books and quickly stuffed it inside my bag. I put it over my shoulder hissing in pain. Cameron wraps his arm around my waist and laughs once he sees my face.

"What happened to you!" He chuckles. I ignore him and keep in walking, I roll my eyes at his stupidity. I get outside of the building and see the cheer teacher.

"Fuck." I say under my breath she sees me and comes up to me.

"Cara, where have you been?" She asks me "you've missed almost a week of practice, and you know what that means." She says.

"I quit anyways." I say pushing pass her and start to walk to my house.

"Cara!" Cameron's car pulls up next to me. "Get your ass in here!" He yells. When I don't get in he gets out. He grabs my bag from me and throws it in the back seat and grabs my arm making me stumble and putting me in his car.

"Cameron, let me out." I beg.

"You put yourself here!" He yelled "you ignored me, you walked away from me, and made me have to pay a thousand dollars!" He yelled gripping the steering wheel. He abruptly stopped in front of his house. He got out in a rush and pulled me out of the car dragging me inside.

"No." I beg. He drags me up the stairs and into his room. He strikes me with his hand and I scream in pain. I lay on the ground holding my arms to my face and he strikes me over and over again. He lays on top of me and wraps his hands around my neck chocking me, I kick and gag trying to escape. After he got a little tired I went into a corner and held myself. Cameron sat down on his bed. "Look what you've made me done!" He yells at me. I cry a little tightly holding my knees to my chest. "Get out!" He yells I stand up and run out of the door.

Pain surges threw my whole body. Cameron had hit me in ever place on my body. I get a few blocks away when I stop, my legs couldn't handle anything anymore. I collapsed on the ground and held onto my rib cages that were probably fractured. I stood up quickly and limped to where I knew was safe. A playground. I crawled up to the play place and laid down staring up at the sky.

"Can I join you?" I look up to see Grayson.

"Why?" I ask angrily.

"I'm going to take that as a yes." He says happily laying next to me. "Me and Ave aren't together anymore."

"And I care, why?" I softly say, my throats still in pain from screaming.

"Because." He sighs "maybe now I can be there for you!" He grabs my hand and brings it up. He traces his fingers with mine and tries to intertwine them, I urge my hand to move away and it does.

"Sometimes I'm terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts." I say to Grayson.

"Edgar Allan Poe." He whispers. "Let me take care of you?" He sits up with glistening eyes.

"I can take care of myself." I say softly.

"Then let me!" He yells grabbing my hand and pressing it against his chest. "Let me at least take care of you, today."

"Only today." I say and he nods kissing my hand gently, tingles spreading up my limp arm and having butterflies fly in my stomach.

Grayson stands up and reaches out his hand for me to grab, I take his huge warm hand into my fragile and weak one. I limp towards his car as he has his hand around my waist to help me and the other hand holding my hand. He open my door and helps me settle in his car.

~

Grayson brings me into his kitchen where the first aid kit was. I sit on his counter and he sets the kit next to me.

"Um." He clears his throat awkwardly.

"What?" I ask.

"Can I ask you something?" He asks me.

"Yes." I sigh.

"Can I see all your bruises?" He asks. I think about it for a while.

"Clean up my face first." I tell him. He nods and uses medical tape for my eyebrow, he puts something around my nose, cleaned up the excess blood, and cleaned my whole face making sure he was gentle with my bruised eyes.

We went up to his room and I took off my boots, I looked away from Grayson and took off my shirt and tights. I looked at myself through his mirror to see he was staring. Bruises were covered from my arms, body, and legs along with my face and neck. Grayson stands up and gets in front of me. He wraps his arms around me and I flinch, he doesn't touch me in the wrong places. He held me with both of his arms around my shoulders and stroked my hair. Grayson goes through his closet and hands me a grey sweater of his.

"I don't think my shorts would fit you." He chuckles and I do too.

"I'll be fine in this." I answer. He smiles and makes me lay down in his bed.

"You want to watch a movie?" He asks and I nod my head yes. Grayson smiles and goes downstairs, I hear popcorn popping and his fridge opening and closing. He comes back up with ice cream and popcorn along with a movie.

Right in the middle of the movie my eyes gave up. Grayson had his arm around me and his head tucked in my hair. I hesitantly grabbed his hand holding it. It felt nice, it felt nice to feel like someone cared for me. Soon I was out with the smell of Grayson lingering my nose and his body heat on mine.