Chapter 18 (The Reunition Phase)

Start from the beginning

People going all the way

Yeah, all the way

I'm still wide awake

"Dani?" Gale says from behind me. I sigh as I let go of Spence and turn to face him.

"Yea G?"

"It's your phone." He says trying to keep a straight face. What is he talking about my phone? I take my phone out and check the caller I.D.

'Gracelyn' of course! Confused? Let me explain Gracie's full name is Gracelyn but we only use it when she's in trouble and boy is she in trouble now.

"Who's Gracelyn?" Spencer asks looking very annoyed.

"Oh sorry Spence, Gracelyn is my-" I try to say but she cuts me off.

"No! I should have realized that you're exactly like your reputation and that's never going to change!" I stand frozen gaping at her as tears pool in her eyes. Before I can respond she turns on her heel and sprints from the cabin. Casey sends us an apologetic look before running after Spencer out the door.

"Dani are you okay?" G asks placing a hand on my shoulder but I shrug him off and click the answer button.

"Gracelyn you are in so much trouble!" I say into the phone while pushing everything I'm feeling down.

"Did you like my custom ringtone?" She says happily and my voice instantly softens, and I can already feel some of my anger, and frustration melt away.

"Yea, sure." I say sarcastically and she laughs.

"Okay come to the drop off place! We're here!" She yells into the speaker and I quickly pull it away from my ear.

"I'm coming now!" I shout not wanting to risk bringing the phone back to my ear then I end the call and put it back in my pocket.

"Come on Gaelan they're here." I turn to him and see the apprehensive look on his face.

"How about I go talk to him first then I'll wave you over?" I say and he visibly relaxes.

"Thanks Dani."

"No problem bro. Now let's go."

******

I leave Gale back by the tree line as I run up to the van immediately getting attacked by Gracie. After saying hi to the girls and giving each of them a quick hug I go to the trunk to help with the bags.

"Dad there's something really important you need to see." I say grabbing Gracie's giant duffle out of the back.

"You can show me later Daniel. You're mom and I have a flight to catch." He says in a rushed manner as he pulls Emi's normal sized duffle out.

"But dad this is important!" I say pleading with him.

"Later Daniel." He says in his end-of-discussion tone. I glance back at Gale and see a hopeful expression still his face.

"No, Dad you need to listen to me!" I say raising my voice slightly to get his attention.

"Do not raise your voice to me!" He says sounding pissed while turning to face me.

"I'm sorry Dan, But we really need to go." His voice softening.

"Dad! Please! Listen to me! This is important!" But he brushes me off and gets into the van and rolls down the window.

"Call me tonight and you can tell me this important news."

"But-"

"No Daniel! I'll talk you tonight." He says before rolling up the window and driving away.