We sit on our horses and look towards Mordor.

"Sauron's wrath will be terrible, his retribution swift." Gandalf says. "The battle for Helm's Deep is over. The battle for Middle-Earth is about to begin. All our hopes now lie with two little hobbits. Somewhere in the wilderness."

~~~~~~~

As a small group of riders we move through the forest, Eomer, Théoden, Gandalf, Legolas, Aragorn, Gimli and I. The others look around warily but I look downright terrified beneath my hood. The end of the forest, followed by Isengard, comes into view. Hobbit laughter is heard.

"It's good. Definately from the Shire." A hobbit says, I'm guessing Merry from the voice. Merry continues. "Longbottom Leaf, eh?"

There's a pause before another answers this one must be Pippin. "I feel like I'm back at the Green Dragon..."

"Hmm, Green Dragon." Merry answers.

"A mug of ale in my hand, putting my feet up on a settle after a hard day's work."

"Only, you've never done a hard day's work." Merry laughs out and turns seeing us appear through the woods. I give a sigh of relief, seeing them alright helps dampen the worry I had growing in my chest.

Merry stands up giving us a mocking bow and spreads his arms out. "Welcome, my Lords and Lady... to Isengard!"

My father and I grin at their humour but Gimli doesn't take the situation as humorous.

"You young rascals! A merry chase you've led us on, and now we find you feasting and... and smoking!"

Pippin,slightly inebriated and touched by the leaf, answers him. "We are sitting on the field of victory, enjoying a few well-earned comforts. The salted pork is particularly good."

"Salted pork?" the dwarf says finally smiling.

Gandalf mutters impatiently. "Hobbits."

It is Merry's turn to speak and he looks down at us. "We're under orders from Treebeard, who's taken over management of Isengard."

Then both hobbits turn to look at me. "Linwaethiel, we are so glad you are alright, we could not see you once the horses arrived."

I nodded smiling and lead my horse next to Eomer as our group approaches Orthanc, the tower of Isengard.

A large ent comes towards us and I am quick to assume this is Treebeard. "Young master Gandalf, I'm glad you've come. Wood and water, stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here, locked in his tower."

I snort at his use of young and feel his eyes quickly flicker to look at me. Everyone looks around, uncomfortable.

"Show yourself." Aragorn mutters, Gandalf is quick to reason.

"Be careful; even in defeat Saruman is dangerous."

"Then let's just have his head and be done with it." I silently agree with him before Gandalf speaks again.

"No, we need him alive. We need him to talk." A voice calls out from above, and Saruman comes into view, standing on the top of the tower. I shiver in fear involuntarily feeling Aragorn give me a weary look. I refuse to look back, my eyes remaining on the wizard on the tower.

Welcome, Linwaethiel.

"You have fought many wars and slain many men Théoden king, and made peace afterwards." Is his first words and he continues, as if he did not just send an army to kill us. "Can we not take council together, as we once did, my old friend? Can we not have peace, you and I?"