KC and Marisa - Just a Mission

K.C. Undercover
"How am I supposed to know the difference between a mission and you going behind my back and cheating on me?"

• • •

"B-but, Jessica. Baby, I-I thought--"

"My name isn't Jessica. I am Agent Cooper," K.C. says as she handcuffs Claire from behind.

The brunette has tears of both anger and sadness in her green eyes as she struggles against K.C.'s grip. She looks up at the tall black teen.

"How could you?! I told you things that no one else knows," Claire says with a chocked up voice. She allows her tears to fall.

"Like your plan to bomb a high school?"

"You're the only one I had ever truly trusted. I gave you my all...Jess--"

"Agent Cooper," K.C. is quick to correct her.

K.C. grabs Claire by her collar and nudges her forward, signaling it was time to walk. They walk out of the hotel room. Claire cries in silence. K.C. tries her best not to feel guilty. She hates going undercover for so many months. It's hard to come back to reality.

K.C. sees Claire as a nice girl. She was just being bullied. She's mentally unstable and needed help but her parents couldn't see it. She was backed into a corner and thought what she had planned was the right thing to do.

K.C. opens the door to the staircase. Claire's quiet sobs echo through the stairwell, which doesn't help K.C.'s guilt. She sighs.

"Stop it with the crying. You're not going to prison."

"I-I'm not?" The criminal asks with some hope rising in her voice.

"Nope. Well not regular prison. You're high risk. You're going to the Organization, where you'll be kept in a highly secure facility underground."

And just like K.C. crushes the criminal's hope. It only makes her cry more. K.C. wants to face palm.

"When...we had...when we did...it," Claire suddenly remembers something that she gave to K.C. Her most prized possession. Her body. "Did you even feel anything?"

K.C. feels her cheek heat up. "Of course not," She says as she opens the back door. Once the door is open, they are hit with the cool breeze of the summer night. The nice weather reminds Claire of their times together and, without thinking, moves closer to K.C., placing her head on K.C.'s chests. K.C. groans and pushes her off.

They are in an abandoned parking lot. You can tell it's no longer in use because the lines are faded and grass grows in between the cracks of the asphalt. There's a single light working, making the setting more ominous.

K.C. looks down at her watch and mutters, "Where are they?"

As if on cue, a black SUV rolls in from the shadows. The driver turned the headlights off and on twice. This means that they're two agents from the Organizations. K.C. gives them a thumbs up. When the men in black suits see their fellow agent, they drive closer and unlock the doors. The driver steps out and opens the back door for K.C. and the felon. He greeted her with stone cold look and a nod. She nods back. Claire doesn't bother to fight she just hops in. K.C. sits next to her in the back.