three - a lunch.

Dear journal,
Scott was an interesting human. He was so different and weird and talented, and he was so intriguing. Sometimes, I tried to get him to talk just to hear his accent. It fits him really well. The tone of his voice combined with the accent was so amazing to me for some odd reason. He is so southern, and I am so northern, is it weird that I like southern people more than the people up north?
-M

--

When lunch came around, I had a choice to make. Did I go sit with Alex, the one who had befriended me on my first day and helped me learn a bit about Martin High, or sit with Scott, the weird, southern artist that's voice was beyond perfect? I didn't want to let either one down, but I decided on sitting with Alex since I had met him first and he did ask me to sit with him. I knew more about Alex and it seemed like the safer choice.

I found my way over to Alex's table, shuffling to the table. We made eye contact, and luckily, it had looked like he already had a spot saved for me to sit. He patted the seat and I sat next to him. The rest of the people at the table definitely looked like they were in Alex's alley way of being friends. Across from him was a girl, she was stunning. She had bright blonde hair and a gorgeous smile. The guy on the other side was shorter than Alex, with red hair and the prettiest eyes. Across from this boy was a girl with dark brown hair and a pair of glasses on her face. Every person was stunning here.

"Guys, this is Mitch," Alex says, introducing me to everyone. They all smile. "Mitch, this chick over here is Kirstie," he says and points to the blonde girl. "Next to her is Esther," the girl with the brown hair. "And next to me is Jake," he smiles. They all wave at me, but Kirstie holds her hand out for me to shake.

"Hi, nice to meet you," she says sweetly, another pretty smile on her lips. "I think we have English together," she says. I nod.

"I think so," I answer with a little chuckle.

Lunch was a little awkward, mainly because I didn't really talk to anyone. I didn't know these people very well. After spending a lunch with them, I could tell they were nice people. I just wasn't comfortable being open and outgoing so soon. I needed to give myself time to be more comfortable around them.

I left lunch about five minutes early to go to my locker and grab my books for my fifth period class. I quickly shuffled through the texts books inside before finding my math book. I close my locker, gasping a little when a figure stood on the other side. Scott was smiling at me.

"You scared me!" I shout. He chuckles a little with a smirk playing his lips. His shoulders raise into a shrug.

"I did, didn't I?" He asks sarcastically. I close my locker and glare at him. "You sat with Alex at lunch," he states. He didn't question me, he flat out confronted me.

"He asked me first," I answer a little warily.

"Quit your worryin', city boy," he says. "I don't care 'bout it that much," he chuckles, messing with a random lock stuck in a locker. "I wanted your reaction."

"Well, you got it," I answer, slightly annoyed. He smirks.

"Why are ya' stressin'?" He asks. "It ain't look good on ya'," he says. I glare at him. "Don't give that damn look, rich boy." He says clearly, pushing his hair back to place. The air became thick with silence, neither of us it knowing what to say. It wasn't long before another figure walked up to us, draping her arm over Scotts shoulder. She was almost the same height as me, with long and blonde hair that reached her mid back. Her shirt revealed almost her entire stomach with a pair of jeans that wrapped around her small figure tightly.

"Who is this, Scotty?" She asks him, her tone very bitter and annoyed. "Never seen this thing roaming the halls before," she chuckles.

"This is Mitch," Scott answers her and pushed her arm off of his shoulder. "He came from up north," he continues.

"Up north?" She questions. "Why the hell we got a northern boy in our damn school? They always snobby and rich," she spits, looking at me and my body with an aggravated look.

"Not Mitch," Scott says, defending me. "He's ain't like them other city boys, he's got a natural southern flow to em'," he says. The girls rolls her eyes as the bell rings. "I'll see you tomorrow," Scott says to me. "Bye, Taylor," he says to the girl before taking off down the hall, leaving the two of us alone. She turns to me.

"You better keep away from him," she snaps immediately. "Scott is mine, and I'm not gonna let some scrawny northern boy change that," she threatens.

"Calm down, I only met him today," I answer her. She shakes her head.

"I don't give a damn when you met him, just don't try shit with him, or me, or I'll deal with you how us southern folks do it, and I promise, you don't want that," she continues to threaten. I couldn't find my words, and I allowed her to strut off in satisfaction, swaying her hips as she walked away from me. I gathered my thoughts before heading to my next class.

I saw Alex in the hallways and he waved at me. I waved back, but I couldn't stop thinking about that girl. What was her problem with me and why is she so possessive over Scott? He is his own person and can handle himself. He didn't even seem to really like her all that much. He just never did anything to handle himself, but he defended me. He was a confusing person, that's for sure.

I open the door to my math class, sitting in the seat that was assigned from me yesterday. I take out my notebook and my text book, along with a calculator and a pencil and tried to push away thoughts of today to focus on school.