III

20.11.16

Just now did I look properly at Dr. Stone, and I was sure that the shock I'm feeling can't represent the look on my face.

"Rihanna Campbell is that really you?" he said. "Oh what a pleasant surprise! I didn't expect to see you until your checkup next weekend! And in such a good shape!" I gave a quick smile and said thanks.

"Sorry girls, but I wasn't able to make the blueberry waffles." said Dean, Jess' dad. "Awee" me and Jessica said in unison. "Hey," said Dean, "how about you two girls go and get us some food from Pieminister!"
"But dad!" Jessica whined, "that's all the way across the city!" Her dad gives her a look that probably means 'Shut up, Jessica and do what I say' I looked over to Adam who has already been looking at me, he smirked, that meant that absolutely nothing good would come out of him.

"I can go too, that way you won't get lost since Pieminister is too far away and I memorized these roads like the back of my hand." He said proudly.

I bit my tongue to make sure that I don't say anything too rude in front of their parents. Everyone started chatting and I felt so out of place, so I decided that I should go upstairs and change into something warmer to head outside.

I opened my closet, it's been completely covered with dust and my coats were all wrinkled. I tried on at least 6 different outfits and finally settled on wearing a plain black wool sweater, navy blue jeans, a pair of combat boots and a thick,light-brown jacket. I looked at the mirror one last time and I rushed down the stairs and I bumped into a tall figure when I reached the last step,

"Woah, woah, woah, are you alright?" I flinched as he pressed on my shoulders where my stitches were located. I looked at him and immediately blurted out, "I'm so sorry I wasn't paying at-"

"Isn't it weird that every time we meet up, we run into each other- well, you run into me." I rolled my eyes and turned my gaze away, this is going to be just like the elevator again.

"Oh, what a coincidence." I replied sarcastically, I didn't even realize Jess was standing there, and as usual, with a smug smile on her face. She finally spoke after a few moments and we were heading out to The Annoying Bastard's car. Jess sat in the passenger seat while I sat in the back, I must say, I'm really impressed this is quite breathtakingly beautiful.

I was sitting in a white Mercedes Benz with my best friend and The Annoying Bastard. This will be fun, I chuckled quietly and the car started to speed up at a steady pace.

Jess connected her phone to the AUX and we did our traditional carpool for most of the car ride. Adam didn't seem to mind but he also didn't say a word to any of us since we hopped in the car, he just kept focused on the road ahead, sneaking some glances at me from time to time. Jess' phone was on 2%, so, we stopped singing along to our dubstep music.

We started to speed up and I felt a little nervous, "Umm, Adam, What's the rush?" He looked at me from the rear view mirror and he immediately dropped the blank face and put on his signature smirk.

I began to feel self-cautious and I put on the seat belt. He studied my actions very well, he looked deep in thought since the smirk was finally gone. He slowed down when he realized that me and Jess have been panicking and telling him to slow down was about useless until he had a proper look at our faces. I closed my eyes when he slowed down and started to remember the past 2 months of physical therapy.

Walking on the treadmill was the most tiring. With every step I took, I would remember my mother looking straight into my eyes, with a look of guilt. I couldn't tell her how much I loved her or how she meant the world to me as I was at a complete loss for words.